The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Westhoughton Belated Xmas Handicap

Good day at wessy today some good races well done all the winners especially craig with hagler (marvin) good to see him back on the track again well done to everyone who took part :thumbsup:

Good day at wessy today some good races well done all the winners especially craig with hagler (marvin) good to see him back on the track again well done to everyone who took part :thumbsup:
Marvin came off sound which was wonderful to see considering how ill he had been. Craig's messaged me though and apparently poor Bob's picked up a tear which is a shame. Hope your feeling better soon Bob :luck:

Yes Hagler ran brilliantly especially considering how long he's been off. Well done Craig & Marvin.

[/quote

thanks I'm well chuffed with marvin but gutted for bob if it wernt for bad luck he'd get non at all :rant:

big thanks to all the helpers and organisers at westy for the great days racing ,and a big thanks to the lads at the traps for dragging the traps about so us racing the lurchers & salukis could race over 650 yds :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .i had a bit of a mixed day today on the plus side i got two seconds in the lurcher racing :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ,and on the down side there were only two dogs in each race :angry: :angry: :angry: .big well done to rogers ANDY on winning both events and clocking a great race time (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) .

Better to come 2nd to a good'un than win in poor company Jim :thumbsup:

Well done to all the winners today, really sorry to have missed it but the weather was so bad up here it we decided not to risk it. Hopefully we,ll be there next week with Jade & Gemma Weel done to Roger winning the lurchers with Andy.

Sonia & Ian

Well done to all the winners today, really sorry to have missed it but the weather was so bad up here it we decided not to risk it. Hopefully we,ll be there next week with Jade & Gemma Weel done to Roger winning the lurchers with Andy.Sonia & Ian
Now that'll be some exciting racing :thumbsup:

Sorry you couldn't make it. Have to say it was shocking on the moss this morning (I couldn't get the sacks into the car) It definately seemed calmer at Wessy though which was a relief as I had visions of whippets being blown away! (w00t)

Thanks to Vicky & everyone at Wessy for another good day :thumbsup: It was like Christmas all over again with a great big goody bag, only just managed to fit it in the car! :lol:

Well done to all the winners, finalists & to all the dogs that took part :cheers:

Really chuffed with Seth (Deadly Cocktail) :wub: He's always loved the Wessy bend :thumbsup: Still life in the old dog yet (w00t)

It's lovely to see all the pups learning their craft. Well done to Ethel ( Something in the air) & Ozzy (Little Cracker) I think these two will be ones to watch :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about Bob :( Wishing him a speedy recovery Rob :luck:

Westhoughton WRC Belated Xmas Handicap Results

Ht 1

R) Megapixel 33 (sc)

B) Rapskallion 31 (2)

W) Barney B Jones 28 (5) 1st 15:94

Ht 2

R) Moonbound 30 (sc) 1st 16:17

B) Hagler 27 (2)

W) I'll Be Back 26 (4)

Ht 3

R) Red Moon Rising 30 sc

B) Jenny Taylor 28 2

W) Whiskey Fudge 27 (3)

BK) Twisted Sister 24 (6) 1st 15:83

Scratch Ht 1

R) Mule Skinner (sc) 1st 15:29

B) King Coal (sc)

W) Just Paddy (sc)

Ht 2

R) Pie Eater (sc)

B)

W) Ginger Gudd (sc)

Over 23'' Lurcher Final

R)

B) Andy 1st 15:47

W)

BK) Misty

Pedigrees Ht 1

R) Devils Law 27 (sc)

B) Crackerjack 23 (4) 1st 16:87

W)

BK) Midnight Express 20 (7)

Ht 2

R) Deadly Cocktail 22 (sc) 1st 17:25

O) Mint Humbug 22 (sc)

B) Something In The Air 21 (1)

W) Little Cracker 20 (2)

Bk) Iza Cracker 17 (5)

Ht 3

R) Fatal Attraction 23 (sc) 1st 17:49

B) Storm In A Teacup 18 (5)

W) Gold Dust Woman 16 (7)

Lots of trials and handslips during the break.

A Final

R) Moon Bound 30 (sc)

B) Barney B Jones 28 (2)

W) Twisted Sister 24 (6) 1st 15:96

B Final

R) Megapixel 33 (sc)

B) Hagler 27 (6) 1st 15:91

W) Whiskey Fudge 27 (6)

C Final

R) Rapskallion W/D

B) Red Moon Rising 30 ((1) 1st 16:45

W) Jenny Taylor 28 (3)

BK) I'll Be Back 26 (5)

Scratch A Final

R) Mule Skinner (sc) 1st 15:29

B) Ginger Gudd (sc)

Scratch B Final

R) King Coal (sc)

B) Just Paddy (sc) 1st 15:45

W) Pie Eater (sc)

Peds A Final

R) Crackerjack 23 (sc)

B) Fatal Attraction 23 (sc)

W) Deadly Cocktail 22 (1) 1st 17:15

Peds B Final

R) Midnight Express 20 (sc)

B) Little Cracker 20 (sc) 1st 18:01

W) Storm In A Teacup 18 (2)

Peds C Final

R) Devils Law 27 (sc)

B) Something In The Air 21 (6) 1st 17:34

W) Gold Dust Woman 16 (11)

Peds D Final

R) Mint Humbug 22 (sc)

B) Iza Cracker 17 (5) 1st 18:06

We then had some more trials and the lurchers & salukis did some 6 bend racing :thumbsup: Andy (I think) won the 6 bends for the lurchers and Soraya won for the salukis. :thumbsup:

Congratulations to Twisted Sister, Mule Skinner, Deadly Cocktail and Andy all winning huge sacks of goodies and the other finalists prize money. :thumbsup:

(Andy's owner needs to pick up his bag and also his prize money I've still got from the Sailaway Open!!)

Huge Thanks to all the runners and the workers and especially Vicky for simultaneously organising the entries, racing and handicap whilst moving house!! (w00t) Hope your settling in well. :thumbsup:

Racing again next week at Wessy from 1:30 pm and don't forget the Bonanza on the 20th! :cheers:
sorry can i pick it up on the 20th cant make it next week had a good day

roger

Thanks to Vicky & everyone at Wessy for another good day :thumbsup: It was like Christmas all over again with a great big goody bag, only just managed to fit it in the car! :lol:
Well done to all the winners, finalists & to all the dogs that took part :cheers:

Really chuffed with Seth (Deadly Cocktail) :wub: He's always loved the Wessy bend :thumbsup: Still life in the old dog yet (w00t)

It's lovely to see all the pups learning their craft. Well done to Ethel ( Something in the air) & Ozzy (Little Cracker) I think these two will be ones to watch :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about Bob :( Wishing him a speedy recovery Rob :luck:
just to say thanks for a lovely day at wessy,and thanks to vicky and jackie and all the helpers for there hard work. :thumbsup: congratulations to dianne and daves 'deadley cocktail',seth and 'little cracker' ozzy for their wins and to my ethel,and all the dogs that took part and run so well :D

Back