The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Well, It's The Moment You've All Been Waiting For.

Congratulations :thumbsup: well worth waiting for :huggles: :luck: with him for the future, he looks like TROUBLE might suit him as a name as i think he might get into a lot of it. :lol:

So pleased it has all worked out for you and your family Graham. Smokin Joe is a beautiful little chap and I am sure he will find a special place in your hearts. Whilst all whippets are beauties as an owner of a blue I can assure you that they are very special creatures and I somehow think that before long the kitchen bedroom will be a thing of the past.

Looking forward to seeing Smokin Joe growing up. I hope all goes well for you all. :luck:

I just knew youd get there in the end Graham. :thumbsup:

Congratulations :cheers: :cheers:

.........and what a gorgeous little boy :wub: you have picked, he is stunning and a lovely colour :wub:

Very good luck with him :luck: and Im sure Merlin would approve. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
First walkies in the back garden (to which he is confined until he's had his injections - first one being done this afternoon). He was on the extending lead and had a good run around! Doesn't seem to have a problem with the collar and lead at all even though yesterday was the first time he'd ever worn one.

Meeting his predecessors...

pupsmall6.JPG

"Wow! You mean ALL of that is mine!?" :eek:

pupsmall7.JPG

Oh WOW (w00t) Love him, love him, love him!!

Congratulations on your choice, what a stunner - I love a blue with white trim :wub:

I wish you many happy years together :huggles:

I don't think we're going to have any trouble getting him to go in to his new cage either... :p

pupsmall8.JPG

He is completely beautiful and looks to be settling in a treat. Congratulations. :cheers:

GreyKnight said:
I don't think we're going to have any trouble getting him to go in to his new cage either...  :p
pupsmall8.JPG

Only the best will do .... :wub: looks like hes in for a great life with you and your family :huggles:

His name is chosen!

[SIZE=14pt]Monty[/SIZE]

Mum chose this really, it's been her preferred name for some months and so despite his pedigree name being Smokin Joe he will be known as Monty by the family.

Funnily enough his dad (Pennymeadow Chase the Ace) is also called Monty, so he takes his father's name sake. Hope you don't mind Jeff...

Gorgeous. :wub: Keep the photos comin'!! :thumbsup:

Well done... :huggles: :wub: he's beautiful.

You'll get all the support you need from Jeff as well, if needed. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing more photos of his progress.

Im glad you have at long last found MONTY, :cheers:

Your mum will have a whippet for the tassles she bought at the show too :huggles:

Keep us all informed with lots of piccys too

Monty's a great name :thumbsup: He looks so lovely asleep in his crate :wub: and bright as a button out in the garden! I think you're doing the right thing confining him to the kitchen for a while. He'll feel nice and secure in "his" space :thumbsup:

How was he during the night?

He was pretty good in the night actually, he wasn't shut in the cage, he was free to wander around the kitchen and I only woke to hear him whining on a couple of occasions. He should do fine.

He's just come back from having his first injection at the vet's who said he checks out fine. He was a good boy and didn't even notice the needle!

When we got home he went and did a wee on the lawn that lasted a good 15 seconds, he must have been holding himself all the way home on my lap :wub:

Graham i think Monty is a great name for him & so does his dad :thumbsup: pleased he was good last night & at the vets won't be long before he is running free in the fields :luck:

so glad it has all worked out well in the end , he is certainly worth the wait!

a credit to his breeder too and will be a credit to your family with all the love and care you have put in waiting for the right dog!

for monty :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: just wish i could hug him for real!!

So pleased for you that youve finally bagged your perfect whippy pup :D :cheers: even if he's not fawn and white after all!LOL.

He's a cutie and looks like he'll be spoilt rotten, and all that grassland to gallop over - lucky boy :thumbsup:

Look forward to more pics and updates. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
GreyKnight said:
His name is chosen!
[SIZE=14pt]Monty[/SIZE]

I think Monty is a great name :- "

and he's just one day older than my Monty too (w00t)

Back