The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

We Made Some New Friends Today

jodster74

Registered
Reaction score
Daniel and Grace made some new frineds today... they met Josie, Lola and Monty (Nee Taz) who is looking much better than he did when he was in the sanctuary... A lot of running and squirrel hunting was done by all and I now have 2 very tired whippets...

Monty with Josie & Lola

IMG_0032.jpg

and again

IMG_0030.jpg

Whippets everywhere!

IMG_0025.jpg

it's a whippet wonderland

IMG_0021-1.jpg

IMG_0012-1.jpg

Lovely pics :D Great to see Monty out and about and enjoying himself :wub:

I did chuckle when I saw Josie firmly kept on her lead, oh so familiar!! I felt sorry for Archie the other week so thought I'd let him off in a safe-ish area, as soon as the clasp opened on his lead he just legged it, flat-out into the distance - looking for anything that moves....found him 20 mins later :rant: Won't be doing that again for a while, the only place he is allowed off is the park!

~JO~ said:
Lovely pics  :D Great to see Monty out and about and enjoying himself  :wub:
I did chuckle when I saw Josie firmly kept on her lead, oh so familiar!!  I felt sorry for Archie the other week so thought I'd let him off in a safe-ish area, as soon as the clasp opened on his lead he just legged it, flat-out into the distance - looking for anything that moves....found him 20 mins later  :rant: Won't be doing that again for a while, the only place he is allowed off is the park!

Yep - Leia knows that feeling too...

Lovely to see them all enjoying themselves, and Monty having fun at last. I bet he's never seen so many other whippets :huggles:

Great photos. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Lovely to see Monty is settling in. :wub: :huggles: :wub:

Great pictures :thumbsup: It looks a lovely place to walk the dogs, nice to see Monty again :wub:

What a shame we were gonna go there today..looks like we missed out on lots of whippies havin fun.. sorry to have missed you all hopefully meet up again soon :thumbsup:

dessie said:
Lovely pics, it looks a great place to walk!
These were taken at the Ashton Court Estate in Bristol...

Great whippet walks as there is a big flat field for running and chasing and lots of woods for squirrel hunting (Grace tried to climb a tree there last week...)

Thanks for posting pics, Jodie :thumbsup: They're really good ones!

Monty looks much less ribby in the pics than in real life, although he is beginning to fill out a little and his coat has a nice shine. He was very good yesterday. We let him off the lead and he stayed with the pack... until he saw black dogs, and labs in particular, then he had to go and tell them face-to-face that he didn't like them at all :- "

I did chuckle when I saw Josie firmly kept on her lead, oh so familiar!!
They are their own worst enemies, aren't they, Jo?! Josie managed some time off-lead yesterday and was generally pretty good. She took herself off in the woods at once point, but she came back quite quickly which was a relief. I wonder if having Monty makes her more aware of 'the pack' and encourages her to stick with us. I don't want to test that theory though!

What a lovely place to walk, its good to see so many whippets together and especially how Monty is doing. :huggles: Well done Helen. :cheers:

Fantastic pics :thumbsup: Glad Monty is enjoying himself now.

Back