The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

We Have Had A Wonderful Day!

My mate Mark eh?? I hope you asked him about his Fabulous Willy!! LOL

:thumbsup: [SIZE=14pt]WELL DONE BRIDGET AND GANG......... great result [/SIZE] :thumbsup:

dessie said:
My mate Mark eh??  I hope you asked him about his Fabulous Willy!!  LOL

Now if I had said that (w00t) (w00t) Must admit hes not bad looking ,but i dont think he`d be interested in any of us `girls ` would he :oops: . Maybe, Caroline ,if you know him THAT well , you ought to put him straight :oops: about how to handle Whippets and other breeds too ;)

:cheers: Well done Bridget. I know that Joy was delighted as well. I bet that newest addition to the family, Dejare Cobweb , was proud of all his relatives. I was hoping to cadge a lift and come to watch but enforced prolonged incarcaration in a hospital bed put paid to that! Can't wait for Coby to make his ring debut. Thank goodness Herbie will be out of puppy classes by then. It will give everyone else a chance!!!!!

Well, I have been under him twice (pardon the expression!!) and I cannot say that I have any complaints to make about his handling of the dogs but then my dogs prefer to be positively gone over.

Jasbri said:
Dessie - the breed judge was M Cocozza (Freecloud) I was very happy with his placings  ;)

but he is not the most gentle or sympathetic person to go over whippets  :blink:

& I think he might have been wearing roller skates, from the speed at which he moved!

I personally wouldn't go under him again, I didn't feel he was particularly heavy handed with the whippets, but just didn't seem very interested and I felt he thought he was above it all and didn't really want to be there :- " AND he was the one who shouted at SILAS that she couldn't challenge for BP when she could have, so he was wrong as well as rude!

Just checked my show records and we were under him 3 1/2 years ago when Savvy was still a puppy. I don't remember him being heavy handed on the table, but I do remember it was the fastest judged class that I ever was in. No time to stack your dog or do much of anything.... I didn't mark him one way or the other though the way I do now.

Can't complain too much - we were brand new to showing and Savvy got VHC out of 7, so.....

Wendy

ooooooooo Mark Cocozza !!!!!!!!!!!!! All I can say is what a waste of good meat!!!

Its days like that you wished you were a whippet being judged, he could be rough going over me anyday!!!!!!!!! :- " :- " :- "

dawn said:
ooooooooo Mark Cocozza !!!!!!!!!!!!! All I can say is what a waste of good meat!!!
Its days like that you wished you were a whippet being judged, he could be rough going over me anyday!!!!!!!!! :- "  :- "  :- "

(w00t) (w00t) :p

LOL! If I had a £1.00 for every time one of my friends has said "Who is THAT you were talking to" I would be fairly rich by now!!!! Have to say he does nothing for me, I prefer Ronan Keating lookalikes, and I haven't found any of those in the dog world yet!!!

dawn said:
Its days like that you wished you were a whippet being judged, he could be rough going over me anyday!!!!!!!!! :- "  :- "  :- "

Yes, well there IS that!! but if the speed with which he looks over the dogs is any indication......

Well :- "

Wendy

dessie said:
LOL!  If I had a £1.00 for every time one of my friends has said "Who is THAT you were talking to"  I would be fairly rich by now!!!!  Have to say he does nothing for me, I prefer Ronan Keating lookalikes, and I haven't found any of those in the dog world yet!!!

Cartman is a Ronan Keating Lookalike- well kind of :D

gajo said:
dessie said:
LOL!  If I had a £1.00 for every time one of my friends has said "Who is THAT you were talking to"  I would be fairly rich by now!!!!  Have to say he does nothing for me, I prefer Ronan Keating lookalikes, and I haven't found any of those in the dog world yet!!!

Cartman is a Ronan Keating Lookalike- well kind of :D

Is that in his dreams??? :b LOL!

Well done, super day for you and Joy.

I wouldnt go under him again either, Im sure he knows his job but like some of you I too thought he was far too fast and disinterested in what was going on in his own ring.

I guess our names will be mud now for daring to say anything about a judge. :oops:

Karen said:
I guess our names will be mud now for daring to say anything about a judge. :oops:
I was thinking that yesterday :oops: But I suppose some guys would be complimented to be known as 'hot but fast' :b

Wendy

Last edited by a moderator:
Wendy said:
Karen said:
I was thinking that yesterday :oops: But I suppose some guys would be complimented to be known as 'hot but fast' :b

Wendy

:p :p (w00t) Seriously, it is only our own personal observations from when we have shown under him - NOT hearsay or rumour or just bitchiness. There is no difference at all between this and when for example we say another judge is very gentle going over dogs on the table and takes a long time in deciding.

But like Dessie said, her dogs like a good firm 'going over' ( (w00t) ) and therefore found him to be fine, every exhibitor has their own preferences as to why they like a judge - I personally, like it when a judge checks the pads on the feet (just a little thing - but I think it is important!). I don't care what the judge decides as long as I feel have had value for money - meaning they have taken the time and gone over each dog thoroughly and watched each dog when it has moved. I HATE it when a judge is looking at something else when you are moving your dog - but I have to say (to bring this thread back in) M Cocozza did watch my dog all the time (as far as I could see!)

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations![/SIZE] :cheers: :cheers: What a great day!

Back