The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Walking On A Loose Lead

jools

Registered
Reaction score
I really can't understand all these problems getting dogs to walk on a loose lead.

Yesterday I took Fern and Sky (who used to be terrible at pulling until yesterday) with me while I babysat for my 5 month old grandson. Sky pulled all the way into town, which was no fun with a pram to contend with. I did all the usual, stopping and refusiing to move until she stopped pulling etc. etc. Our trip home was a dream, [SIZE=14pt]she walked wonderfully, never once pulling!! [/SIZE]What a quick learner!!!

Mind you, it could also be attributed to.......

the cooked chicken I had bought for my daughter which was in the basket under the pram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jools said:
I really can't understand all these problems getting dogs to walk on a loose lead.Yesterday I took Fern and Sky (who used to be terrible at pulling until yesterday) with me while I babysat for my 5 month old grandson. Sky pulled all the way into town, which was no fun with a pram to contend with. I did all the usual, stopping and refusiing to move until she stopped pulling etc. etc. Our trip home was a dream, [SIZE=14pt]she walked wonderfully, never once pulling!! [/SIZE]What a quick learner!!!

Mind you, it could also be attributed to.......

fANTASTIC STORY. I THOUGHT WHATEVER SHE DID TO STOP THE DOG PULLING I'LL FOLLOW HER ADVICE- THEN I SAW WHAT YOU DID, THE CHICKEN UNDER THE PRAM, I LAUGHED MY HEAD OFF.GOOD LAUGH, THANKS :)

the cooked chicken I had bought for my daughter which was in the basket under the pram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back