The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Venue For 2006 Bwra Straight Champs;

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the same impression as John about the £5 being used 4 the track, and i think most people thought the same.

why dont the tracks that are willing to take the champs over a camping weekend put proposals in with what facilities they can offer, and these can be voted on at agm.

good idea donna! be it in the north or be it in the south if u want to try 4 a title u will still go imo. hope something can be sorted out. just a thought wud it not be better 2 have the fed and the bwra championships in diff loactions that way if we lose one we still have one 2 fall back on.

Last edited by a moderator:
i bet us from up north end up traveling further south,and i was under the impresion that the extra fiver was to improve the track aswell john, :thumbsup:

So what was the £5 spent on?

I am sure the BWRA are doing there best to find a new venue in the middle of the country, like the fed are.

JOHNG said:
tanyia said:
Did all your region reps fall asleep at last years agm ? Any money that has gone into Asfordby track has come out of Asfordbys racing club chairmans pocket. All the extra £5 paid by members went to buy equiptment the BWRA  needed.The track has improved every year, which is what we should all put first .. looking for a venue.

pauline i was under the impression that the £5 was to improve the track at asfordby not to buy equipment for the bwra.

quote jan 2004 whippet news bwra A.G.M.

"dennis cockram ask if the £5 was for track only, tony cooper said that when he put his proposal in it was for aluminium fronts and for track improvments. "

so if the money was used to pay for the traps did they belong to the b.w.r.a. if so it was a waste of money because we all know what happened when they were used. :oops:

the £5 was added to our membership for improvements to asfordby track £500 was spent by one of the old bwra committee on improvements to the bwra championship traps,

they then had to go back and be improved again,the rest of the money should have been given to improve the track

so why did this never happen, ??? and why a year later did the bwra treasurer still have the rest of the money from the £5 we all payed for improvements to the track, why did the members at the A.G.M last year not ask?????

JOHNG said:
tanyia said:
Did all your region reps fall asleep at last years agm ? Any money that has gone into Asfordby track has come out of Asfordbys racing club chairmans pocket. All the extra £5 paid by members went to buy equiptment the BWRA  needed.The track has improved every year, which is what we should all put first .. looking for a venue.

pauline i was under the impression that the £5 was to improve the track at asfordby not to buy equipment for the bwra.

"dennis cockram ask if the £5 was for track only, tony cooper said that when he put his proposal in it was for aluminium fronts and for track improvments. "

so if the money was used to pay for the traps did they belong to the b.w.r.a. if so it was a waste of money because we all know what happened when they were used. :oops:

Hi John, There is a topic about the money already somewhere on k9. Im sure Doreen can explain better than I can. Yes Tony did propose an extra £5 to go to improving the track. At the time Asfordby chairman spoke up and said it was not needed. At last years agm the money was bought up and dissgussed as it was still with the bwra. It was proposed and voted that some new equipment was to be bought. A new camera, jenny , a printer sorry I cant remember the other items. Im sure Doreen will come on and explain. But no the club did not need or use the money. The track improved with shear hard work and with the expense coming from our chairmans bank balance.

Well I also thought the £5 collected was spent on Asfordby track as this was the reason given what it was intended for :- " I must have missed the topic which explained that the money was to be spent on other things :oops:

i am sure the fiver's were for the track :( at least that was the reason at the time :( if they dont want us there for weekends then i agree with Dave stuff em.

its not like they dont make enough money behind the bar with all the alcholics in whippet racing.

you speak for yourself piglet we dont all go for drink,that should be the last thing to consider.racing is first and foremost.

i just dont go for the drink, we run the dogs first then relax and have a drink, just like most people. but the banter between us is great thats what i like about whippets u can go have a laugh and not even run a dog.

tanyia said:
JOHNG said:
tanyia said:

Hi John, There is a topic about the money already somewhere on k9. Im sure Doreen can explain better than I can. Yes Tony did propose an extra £5 to go to improving the track. At the time Asfordby chairman spoke up and said it was not needed. At last years agm the money was bought up and dissgussed as it was still with the bwra. It was proposed and voted that some new equipment was to be bought. A new camera, jenny , a printer sorry I cant remember the other items. Im sure Doreen will come on and explain. But no the club did not need or use the money. The track improved with shear hard work and with the expense coming from our chairmans bank balance.

Ive found the topic and will bring it up now to refresh afew members memories :- "

Hi Folks George here as Scottish B.W.R.A. Secretary I would like to say that Kirkcaldy w.r c. would be happy to play host to next years championships we maybe a small club in comparison to some but we do have shower and camping facilities , our track is good and we posses our own photo finish, we also have a venue to hold presentation all we really need is good behaviour from ALL participants. We are prepared to hold Champs on the familiar dates, I know this is maybe a further than usual distance to travel but feel that maybe it is the most viable option available. If governing bodies feel this is a workable option can they please get in contact with me as soon as possible.

Thanks George

from whats been put on here i don't think its that Asfordby or old hall don't want whippet racing, just that we can't camp at the track's,

and to be fair it not upto the bwra committee to sort out where member stay or camp at their events,

its upto the committee to make sure the events run properly and by the rules, so if they can't find anywhere for next year with camping what are they todo ?? not have a championship's, ?? or have them at one off the above tracks and let member sort out where they stay,???

Last edited by a moderator:
tanyia said:
JOHNG said:
tanyia said:

the bwra / asfordby chairman being the same person at the time of this proposal and chairing the A.G.M, why was it vote on to take the extra £5 membership if Asfordby did'nt want or need it, :b ,

and then why did the same chairman keep telling everyone that the sand for the sandpit was being payed for with this money also the traps fronts were payed for with this money, and we all know where they went to get new fronts, :oops:

tanglewood said:
Hi Folks George here as Scottish B.W.R.A. Secretary I would like to say that Kirkcaldy w.r c. would be happy to play host to next years championships we maybe a small club in comparison to some but we do have shower and camping facilities , our track is good and we posses our own photo finish, we also have a venue to hold presentation all we really need is good behaviour from ALL participants. We are prepared to hold Champs on the familiar dates, I know this is maybe a further than usual distance to travel but feel that maybe it is the most viable option available. If governing bodies feel this is a workable option can they please get in contact with me as soon as possible.
Thanks George

Great Idea :cheers: as we all know that their is space for lot's of caravans there :cheers:

It will do 4 me, better start ironing my kilt (hopefully) c u jimmy lol :thumbsup:

spellbound said:
tanyia said:
JOHNG said:
tanyia said:

the bwra / asfordby chairman being the same person at the time of this proposal and chairing the A.G.M, why was it vote on to take the extra £5 membership if Asfordby did'nt want or need it, :b ,

and then why did the same chairman keep telling everyone that the sand for the sandpit was being payed for with this money also the traps fronts were payed for with this money, and we all know where they went to get new fronts, :oops:

correction spellbound The bwra chairman was NOT the Asfordby chairman when this was proposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back