The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Urgent - Antirobe

maggiemay2

Registered
Reaction score
hi all...... ive had a bit of an accident and im a bit worried..........

i have accidentally taken one of the dogs tablets which look identical to mine. :oops:

apart from feeling very silly i am awaiting a call back from the nhs helpline but i wondered if someone can tell if i should be worried....

the tablet was 75mg Antirobe

im desparately scanning the nett at the mo but just wondered if anyone might know whether i'll be growing any additional limbs or whether i'll be sick etc over the next few days

I AM JUST SOOOOOOOOO BLONDE!

Oooh Ive done that!! :b Not the same tablet as you, it was a worming pill if I remember rightly and when I phoned the manufacturer to see what effect it would have on me I could hear them laughing in the background :oops:

Taken from Noah Commendium

Do not administer to rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, chinchillas, horses,sarah's or ruminants because ingestion of clindamycin by these species may result in severe gastro-intestinal disturbance.

[SIZE=14pt]Oh my Sarah............think im better off not telling[/SIZE]

you what im thinking................... :lol: (w00t)

Well I used to work in a pharmacy and I'm sure we had Clindamycin on the shelves so I think you'll be ok :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
masta said:
Taken from Noah Commendium
Do not administer to rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, chinchillas, horses,sarah's or ruminants because ingestion of clindamycin by these species may result in severe gastro-intestinal disturbance.

lol well i think i'll be ok then as my middle name is sarah.... :p

nhs helpline have called back and fortunately (or unfortunately for some) i will live with no side effects. what a nob i am. :oops:

AnnSa said:
[SIZE=14pt]Oh my Sarah............think im better off not telling[/SIZE]you what im thinking................... :lol:   (w00t)

go for it..... i cant feel any more silly than i already do!!

(w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Thank you , you just cheered up a very dreary wet monday evening for me!!

Although i am very pleased that you are going to ok,

i did pmsl!!!

cara,xx

well im glad i cheered u all up!

i didnt really swallow the dogs tablet........ :- " i only told u all that as i knew u would all laugh..... o:)

75ml is a small dose so shouldn't cause a reaction, if it is clyndamicin it's only an anti biotic, are you allergic to a/b's normally?

You bloody plonker :lol:

Rae said:
75ml is a small dose so shouldn't cause a reaction, if it is clyndamicin it's only an anti biotic, are you allergic to a/b's normally?
You bloody plonker  :lol:

im normally fine with anti biotics fortunately :thumbsup:

it won't make you sick......................but you may start licking your bum (w00t)

I think you should SIT, then have a little LIE DOWN. Then COME HERE and SPEAK to someone about it. Be a GOOD GIRL and you will be fine. Is your nose wet or dry! Sorry but I did wait till you said you would be OK. :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Juley said:
I think you should SIT, then have a little LIE DOWN.  Then COME HERE and SPEAK to someone about it. Be a GOOD GIRL and you will be fine. Is your nose wet or dry!  Sorry but I did wait till you said you would be OK.  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :thumbsup:
(w00t) even funnier (w00t)

Julie D said:
it won't make you sick......................but you may start licking your bum  (w00t)
(w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Could be rather embarressing :p I'm sure you will be fine though :thumbsup:

Back