The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Update On Willow

Any more pics of willow? How is he? any news?

Any chance of a weekly update on Willow please? I think this little guy has stolen all our hearts :wub:

The last report I heard is that he is putting on weight nicely, and his fur is starting to grow. Where it hs grown back it seems quite long, so he is now thought to be 90% whippet with a bit of 'something else' in there.

There have been promises from his foster family of more pictures soon, so I'll pass these on as soon as they're ready.

I probably should make clear in case anyone didn't see the very first thread and is confused - Willow is not an Oldies Club dog, he is in foster on behalf of Houndsavers. My connection is just that I 'know' his foster family from another forum and he got to me - and a lot of others I suspect - so I thought I'd share his story with whippet lovers here.

Fiona

Thank you for letting us know, can't wait to see the pictures of his 'new' coat he is growing. :wub:

Um... I expect I'm just being impatient... :- "

more pics!!!! pleease?

:wub: What a lovely little face, so innocent and trusting, it makes you want to weep. He looks so much better already, I bet when his coat comes back he'll be even more beautiful. Good luck to the little man :luck: , and well done to those who care enough to make him better, you are o:)

Thank you so much to everyone who has sent good wishes to Willow and have taken such an interest. A special thank you to Jo for the very generous donation of the Keepers Mix. His foster mum reckons it has really speeded the process of healing and soothing his skin, and there are now definite signs of a new coat coming through.

So - some more pictures as requested!

First, just a reminder of Willow as he was on 26th December

picture006.jpg

Willow now:

14thJan003.jpg

14thJan031.jpg

14thJan115.jpg

Wow he looks soooooo much better, he's put on a lot more weight now hasn't he and his skin looks miles better - bless :huggles:

wow,what a difference a few weeks makes,he's sure put some weight on & his skin looks soooo much better :thumbsup: Once his coat comes through again he'll look stunning :wub: :huggles:

Bless you :thumbsup: :huggles:

arh bless him he looks a lot better and is coat when it grows back looks a lovely dark colour he looks a little o:)

He has certainly come a long way :wub: Cannot wait to see what he will be like when he gets his hair - little silkhund?

Thanks so much for putting on the update Fiona :D

Willow looks so much healthier, the weight gain is amazing and his skin has definitely lost all the red sore bits, and its great that it looks like his coat is starting to sprout at last :thumbsup:

He looks so much happier, such an adorable little man - is he going to stay with his foster family permanently now?

Thanks again :D :huggles:

Well done to you :huggles: :cheers: Willow is looking much better (yes he has further to go too) but thats a great improvement and its all down to you. :thumbsup:

I'm so impressed. He look so much better. He really is going to be a stunner :wub:

Wow his weight gain is amazing, well done to all :thumbsup:

Love his collar too :thumbsup:

Julie

Last edited by a moderator:
:wub: awww, would you look at that :wub: hes coming along beautifully :thumbsup: if there werent regular updates, by the time hes finished, no way would i recognise him :D

What an amazing difference. Poor little chap to get so bad in the first place :( but how incredible that he is already looking sooooo much better. Lots of :wub: and :huggles: to him. It would be great if we could all follow his progress.

Glad to see him loking so much better :wub: :thumbsup:

I somehow missed this thread while I was offline. Poor little Willow - :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: how could anyone have let him get into such a terrible state? I do despair of some members of the 'human race'. :( :(

It's lovely to see him improving so quickly in a loving, caring home. :wub: :huggles: :wub: He looks adorable. Well done to everyone involved. I'm sure he will go from strength to strength. :luck: :luck:

Back