The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Tullylish Working Terrier Club

Margaret Mc Stay

Registered
Reaction score
Tullylish sits on the River Bann, along the main road between the towns of Banbridge and Portadown. Its beautiful countryside and green elevated hills was the perfect setting for the annual Tullylish Dog Show. With the exception of a small shower the sun shone brilliantly and the Canine men, women and most important of all their families arrived in force with their stars of the day in tow in their comfortable trailers. These shows have over the past couple years and especially this year from my observation, turned into real family days out for small and big families. This has become very evident, with the preparation put into them by each family. As soon as the trailers are parked out comes the Gazebos and umbrellas, the summer chairs, salads, flasks and sandwiches and the dogs are made comfortable away from the sun under the gazebos. This all happened at Tullylish yesterday. A great day was had by all, and congratulations to all the winners. A big congratulations to Nikki Erwin who won the Northern Ireland Champion of Champions with her beautiful Whippet Zac and Liz & Eddie mc Kinistry with reserve champion . Well done Nikki & Liz, and Fiona Devlin with her beautiful Lurcher Maverick, and Tom Berrys lovely wife winning with her lovely dog. Women power certainly ruled here on the day. Our good friend Ann Forsythe and Eamon Feeley won the Whippet Bitch class with the georgeous Jade . Well done Ann and Eamon. We enjoyed your company and the craic yesterday.

In the racing, A big congratulations in the over 23s to Fiona Devlins ever powerful Maverick 1st and Leanne Reas Star Dog Vinnie took reserve. The under 23s, Rose Mc Mc Coys Champion Dog Digeo, and in reserve Bluebells Wonder Dog Paris. In the Whippet racing Liz Mc Kinistry took Ist with her Campion Whippet Cody, and Michael Quinn reserve with his beautiful Whippet. Michael you never let us down. Keep it, its great to see the youth with such an interest and a zest for competition. I must not forget the highlight of the day. The wonderful, exuberent, " Wee Jordie Tuft " of Gerry Anderson show fame was there in full Glory judging the the ferretts. Boy did he love kissing the women. A very good judge of the ferretts. He did not only judge the ferrets, but talked to them also. I think Jordie was in his glory as the majority of ferrett owners was women, and O dear God, did he judge the women also. Jordie is a great sportsman and really and truthfully brought a world of entertainment and laughter to the show. A job well done "Wee Jordie ".A big congratulations to all the winners on the day. Without you and the the people also who did not win this show would not of been such a success.

And finally the day would not be complete without thanking the judges, the organisers Darren Connolly and John Berry and their brilliant committe and helpers. Well done boys for all the hard work was put into this show. A job well done. The big surprise of the day landed on our ever loyal resident photographer "Bluebell" Deidre Mc Coy. The Tullylish Club presented Deidre in front of a packed crowd with a beautiful signed mirror for her services in photography to the shows during the year. What a big surprise and a beautiful thought. I think she nearley died with fright. Deidre you have it well deserved and real trooper. The shows would not be the same without you. Unfortunately after this big surprise, there was a small scuffle between 2 dogs, and Deidre went in to pull them apart, and got badly bitten, and ended up in Craigavon Area hospital. Deidre is now back home again, with stitches and a very sore hand. But Deidre being Deidre, she is still all set for Birr Castle next week end. Get well Deidre, we are all wishing you well, and look forward to seeing you at Birr on Sunday for some more brilliant photographs and all the fun that goes with it. Deidre will be putting up the usual photographs shortly on K9 and Hunting Life. Thanks for the day Darren and John,

Hope to see you all at Dessie Mackens show on Saturday and Birr Castle on Sunday.

Well done all winners and losers, sounded like a really good show, :thumbsup: shame it ended with a visit to the hospital for Bluebell. :eek: di

Margaret a lovely write up as always :thumbsup: i had a brilliant day :thumbsup: we did have a few hiccups at the end of the day :wacko: i was glad to get out of that hospital,they only had to call my name out once, didn't get home till 1.30 in the morning, we were starving, Rose had some chinese for us :D im really looking forward to Birr and celebrating the two birthdays :thumbsup:

Margaret you should think about writing a book about the gamefairs in Ireland :thumbsup:

Just want to say Thanks John and Darran for presenting me with a beautifully engraved mirror :thumbsup: it's very much appreciated :thumbsup: beats any Trophy :D wont ever forget your thoughtfullness, i will treasure it :D

DSC_0314-1.jpg

DSC_0316-1.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0320-1.jpg

Girl Power :thumbsup:

DSC_0171.jpg

Jordie Tuft was great craic :thumbsup: was delighted to meet him :thumbsup: he was like Doctor Dolittle :thumbsup:

DSC_0293-Copy.jpg

Lovely photographs Deidre, I think Wee Jordie has taken a fancy to you, he was holding you very tight there. He meant business, and poor Rhonda Floyd , We Jordie pinched her bum when that photograph was been taken of the girls. Isent he a wee rascal, but he made the day. I heard a rumour that the prizes for the ferrets were as follows, 1st prize winner ( Rhonda Floyd )had to sleep with Jeordie for a week, and 2nd prize winner ( Rose Mc Coy) has to sleep with him for a month. I was wondering why Wee Jeordie was going around with a smile on his face all day. The ferretts were not the only thing on his mind. I wonder is this true. A we Jeordie we all love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

luckily the other two girls had tired him out so i didn't have to sleep with him at all! lol

luckily the other two girls had tired him out so i didn't have to sleep with him at all! lol
Nikki, dont be diheartened, Jeordie is keeping the best to last, you will be on call all year. You have hit the Jack Pot. He is a wise old owl

Nikki, dont be diheartened, Jeordie is keeping the best to last, you will be on call all year. You have hit the Jack Pot. He is a wise old owl
I can hardly wait! but iv ahhh lost my Phone ;) awhh what a pity no way of getting in touch :thumbsup:

great pics Bluebell :thumbsup:

Cracking piccies Deirdre, also a big Congratualtions to all the winners but especially Diego. :thumbsup:

Back