The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Travellers Bend Open

len

Registered
Reaction score
Betty Hepworth has asked me to let you all know that the Travellers Bend Open at Easington Stadium will no longer be taking place, as the track rental has increased to £200. As you know the Open doesn't get the best of turn outs & struggles to pay the old fee of £100

sorry to hear that may be another location :luck: :luck:

So sorry to here this Betty why not try Camois I think thats how you spell it. I know they were asking my nephew a while back why the whippets dont ask for an open. I know its further to travel but hey if you want to race your dogs youell travel. If you want me to inquire for details or if they are interested please give me a call. Either at home on 0191 4140384 or on K 9. I hope you get a new venue as Arty has won this open Two years running I would like a go at a third.(Greedy Thing)

Joyce

Is it not possible for us all to have a whip round to make up the extra £100, you can count us in for a donation, i'd rather pay a bit extra tbh than see us losing tracks and opens having to be cancelled especially when they're run by decent people.

Just a thought :luck: :luck:

gutted about this hope something can b done 2 try and get it back on. like joyce says wot about cambois or donations like vicky says or put up the entry fee? surely we can do something?

Vicky said:
Is it not possible for us all to have a whip round to make up the extra £100, you can count us in for a donation, i'd rather pay a bit extra tbh than see us losing tracks and opens having to be cancelled especially when they're run by decent people.
Just a thought :luck:   :luck:

Again with the mind reading !!! (w00t)

Prehaps we as racers could set up some kind of fund, by running an additional raffle at club opens (I'm sure we'd all chip in an extra quid). The money could go towards supporting one North, one Midlands and one Southern bend event. Regardless of which club is hosting it, if a club was genuinely struggling to make ends meet and could not afford the full cost of the track then money from the fund could be used to help pay towards the track.

Any other ideas ?

:D Will pass your comments on to Betty :D Watch this space!

could the local clubs not get to gether and sponsor the meeting.better attendance would help maybe we should look at entry fee,/£5??.hard when fuel is so expensive.

i would chip in if a few where going to sponsor this event.

seems a big hike100%,but heating eletric is not chaep :luck:

i know things have gone up in price, but to double the fee, maybe joe does not want the none ped lot there any more..and elises idea seems good...

jasper. said:
i know  things have gone up in price, but to double the fee, maybe joe does not want the none ped lot there any more..and elises  idea seems good...
To be fair, i think he'll have been running at a loss at £100 when you consider the cost of running the track and the staff he puts on on the day, i can see why he's asking for more. £200 is pretty much the going rate i'd say, and like i said before we'd be quite happy to chip in as i'm sure a few other would too.

you are right vicky he has been letting us run and at a loss hes a good guy he gives money back and gives a bottle for the raffle the uk scratch is still on

Joe's a good bloke, he has always supported non-peds. We would be willing to chip in too. Maybe there could be some discussions about it over next 2 opens at dawdon? Think about solutions?

i have nothing to run at the moment on the bends but i too will chip in as i still come over to watch, it is my local track after all, something similiar happened at devon ( [SIZE=21pt]an unseen expense and all chipped in so it can be done[/SIZE] )

debbie

Last edited by a moderator:
rob67 said:
Joe's a good bloke, he has always supported non-peds. We would be willing to chip in too. Maybe there could be some discussions about it over next 2 opens at dawdon? Think about solutions?
Good idea Chris :D

im sure between us all we cud either come up with the extra £100 or try and get cambois. i dont mind selling raffle tickets/domino cards that kind of stuff. wot about putting up the entry fee? theres normally quite a few spectating even if they r not running. maybe we shud put a thread on here like wot can b done to keep the travellers bend open on @ easington and c wot people come up with? as well as wot chris says chat to people @ dawdon c if theres any solutions there etc

sherry said:
im sure between us all we cud either come up with the extra £100 or try and get cambois. i dont mind selling raffle tickets/domino cards that kind of stuff. wot about putting up the entry fee? theres normally quite a few spectating even if they r not running. maybe we shud put a thread on here like wot can b done to keep the travellers bend open on @ easington and c wot people come up with? as well as wot chris says chat to people @ dawdon c if theres any solutions there etc
Cant see cambois being any cheaper and to be honest at least joe has experience of running non ped opens.Think we should stick with easington and maybe see if there could be sponsorship from any local businesses etc. Need some big hunks of blokes to frighten a few quid out of people (w00t) (w00t) Thats Gary, Anth and Rob on the raffle then :D :p

rob67 said:
sherry said:
Cant see cambois being any cheaper and to be honest at least joe has experience of running non ped opens.Think we should stick with easington and maybe see if there could be sponsorship from any local businesses etc. Need some big hunks of blokes to frighten a few quid out of people (w00t) (w00t) Thats Gary, Anth and Rob on the raffle then :D :p

u dont know about cambois till u try and we have had an open on there a few years back as well as a handicap that used to b ran on a fri night alongside the greyhounds u never know it mite b very cheap, u dont know until u ask. :thumbsup: but obvisouly if we can get the extra £100 for easington u wud prob get more people there as people r used to it. i ran out of a book of a 100 raffle tickets @ worsceter nobody escapes me lol :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back