The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Transport Help Need Staffs To Edinburgh

clairerichard said:
Have just looked and their are recommendations for Tebay services - this is where we are hoping to meet so Archie could have a good walk and get to know fiona before he has to go with her. he is very food orientated and I'm sure it will be love at first sight if she brings a tasty treat with her!Can anyone recommend any good travel sickness remedies or should I phone the vet and see if he could help? Archie is fine for a while but then gets queasy.

i was told 1/4 of sealegs 40 mins before he goes in the car....there must be a thread on it somwhere on here

also a very light snack...

shall bring a bit of chicken then :))

Fiona

Yes Sealegs is a human travel sickness tablet. There are very differing opinions on using them. I have used them no problem with my boys in the past who suffered with terrible travel sickness, but there have been people who have seen an adverse reaction.

Esty said:
This is just one day in a dog's life, to get him to a home where he will be loved forever and will soon forget the journey. I can't believe some people have made Archie's current owner think twice about this opportunity and made his (hopefully) new owner feel guilty, especially given what a horrible decision they've had to make to part with a member of their family. Of course it's not ideal but it's not the end of the world either.Would they rather the dog ended up with someone unsuitable around the corner, just so he didn't have the journey? None of the people on here would treat a dog like a parcel, it's insulting to say so. He would maybe have two or three changes? If he stays in the same crate with his own blankets and stuff he'll be ok. There are much worse things happening in the world concerning animal transport and look at the way we ship zoo animals and competing animals all over the place. I honestly think some people look for things to get riled about :(  

Good Luck :luck:

Totally agree :thumbsup:

I bet you cant wait to get your doggie home :thumbsup: i remember when my dad went to pick Sonny up . Dad met his breeder half way i think it was Scotch Corner i couldnt wait till he came home. He was a little tired after his long journey up north but was soon keen to explore his new home (w00t) (w00t)

Am sure your whippet will be fine :thumbsup:

Seraphina said:
I have not noticed anybody putting a boot in; just few wise people concerned about the pup's well being. 
The easiest  would be to put him on a plane.  Is there any reason why that would not be feasible?

maybe with a serious illness in the family the exspense is to much :(

Im sure they have the pups best interest or they would not have to rehome

him.to me this is about someone who is very ill trying to do the right thing :)

has much as we all love dogs people are more important arnt they ?

and who is to say who is wise we all own dogs :(

best wishes to the family hope it all works out for you and you get some peace :luck:

What ever the outcome is,all the best with homing Archie and i hope all goes well for all concern :luck: :thumbsup: :huggles: :huggles:

and people say that there's no bitching on this forum........rose tinted glasses anyone....

people can't do fight for doing wrong............

good luck :luck: and whats the prob its only one day out of this dogs life ,where it will be a little stressed ,compared to the wonderfull new life it will have with its new owners ,shurley worth it in my book :cheers:

peppermint sue said:
Seraphina said:
The easiest  would be to put him on a plane.  Is there any reason why that would not be feasible?

maybe with a serious illness in the family the exspense is to much :(

luck:

Here in OZ it is usual for the new owner to pay for any traveling expenses. Considering the cost of petrol, I do wonder how much more expensive it would to fly the dog.

And while I am sure all those helping will be wonderful with Archie, it still will be from what I understand, 5-6 hour road trip, while it would be less than an hour flight.

I do not think it is unreasonable to be concerned about such a complicated scheme to get the pup transported. You only need one person not to be able to make it to where they supposed to, and the whole thing will collapse. I think it is very unfair to attack those who expressed their concern.

I do hope all will go smoothly. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure there will be back up plans and phone numbers exchanged etc. A one hour flight comes to more hours by the time you've driven to the airport, checked in, got the dog on the plane, flown, got through on the other side, claimed, picked up and driven home, and that's if they'll take him unaccompanied. If the new owner had to pick up the tab for a flight, perhaps she couldn't take him at all? The road trip is not that complicated and from what I've seen, dog rescue centres in the UK do it all the time.

Personally, I'd rather my dog be in a car where he can get out for a walk now and then and have people comforting him than on his own in a weird box in the hold of a plane. Not forgetting those rare occasions where dogs get lost, or even worse, where they forget to adjust the temperature in the hold..*shudder*

We don't live in an ideal world, unfortunately. Nobody is attacking those who show concern for dogs (we all love our dogs or we wouldn't be on a forum like this) but we need to think about people's hurt feelings before we type...there's seldom a perfect answer to problems.

No matter what on forums theres always going to be bitching about anything.

Theres alot of members here and not everyone is going to have the same opinion about things.

Sometimes ppl make comments that sound like they are attacking when its not always ment in that way. Sometimes its easy to read to much into what others are saying and take offence and shout back thats when the flaming starts.

Those who do just attack ppl for the sake of it and mean it are not even worth responding too imo. Let them say what they want and don't bite back then those few ppl who are just out to flame get bored and disapear no fun with no reactions.

For those who are genuinly expressing conerns then they have a right to express their concerns just try not to take to much to heart and think its a personal attack its just thier personal opinion.

No suituation like this is ideal when you have to arrange transport of a long distance but i'm sure Archie will be fine and his owner and soon to be new owner are doing whats best for Archie.

Hope all goes to plan and wish you both and Archies the best with the future. :luck: :luck:

Archie is staying with Claire :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

so those who were panicing over his trip up north can stop now....

we had to arrange halfway so it would have not been too bad on little archie.....

can someone close this thread?

Fiona

Back