The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Transport Help Need Staffs To Edinburgh

beisha

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

someone of you might read the post about the whippet puppy,Archie needing a new home,

well Claire has picked our family to be his new family..the only thing is he is in Newcastle under Lyme and we are north of edinburgh I can meet anyone glasgow or borders depending which he comes up..

let me know if you can help

Fiona

:thumbsup:

Are you on The Whippet Forum too, Fiona? (blanco??)

If so, I've just posted a link on the thread there too :)

I am in Edinburgh if it's any help . Could do borders to Edinburgh or something ?

Probably worth cross posting this to Non Ped racing and Ped racing too ........ 'twill get seen by lots more people then :thumbsup:

Hula said:
I am in Edinburgh if it's any help . Could do borders to Edinburgh or something ?

it could be will keep you in mind cheers

Fiona

(Blanco TWF) The grippet on lurcherlink.......

Another thought ............ LKA is on Friday-Saturday this week.

Maybe some people are travelling down to it and would be able to bring

Archie back up with them?

It's at NEC Birmingham :thumbsup:

jinnyfizz said:
Another thought ............ LKA is on Friday-Saturday this week.Maybe some people are travelling down to it and would be able to bring

what about Malton..that is this weekend>

xx

beisha said:
jinnyfizz said:
Another thought ............ LKA is on Friday-Saturday this week.Maybe some people are travelling down to it and would be able to bring

what about Malton..that is this weekend>

xx

weve got a terrible weather forecast for this saturday,so some events might be canceled in yorkshire, hope you get something sorted soon :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh ! i do hope you can get archie home good luck fiona :luck: :huggles:

I am seeing a work colleague tomorrow who lives somewhere up the North Wales/Telford way.

He keeps Afghans and is also a show judge so he may have contacts who can help.

If you PM me you mobile number, Fiona, I can text you with any possibilities :thumbsup:

We are driving from Somerset to Newcastle tomorrow so we can get Archie to Newcastle if someone can get him to the M5/ M42.

I'm presuming he's a good traveller?!

Although I'm happy to try and help out to get him in his new forever home I'm not sure that this is the best way to do it - it may be a bit distressing for him to be passed on to new people a few times till he makes it to his new home. Could current owner and new owner meet half way perhaps? I'm not trying to cause any offence or upset at what must be a distressing time, and obviously I've no idea about both sets of circumstances, but I think that it will also be distressing for Archie, and it would be better for there to be a face to face handover rather than a parcel force style re-homing.

Rae said:
We are driving from Somerset to Newcastle tomorrow so we can get Archie to Newcastle if someone can get him to the M5/ M42.
I'm presuming he's a good traveller?!

Although I'm happy to try and help out to get him in his new forever home I'm not sure that this is the best way to do it  - it may be a bit distressing for him to be passed on to new people a few times till he makes it to his new home.    Could current owner and new owner meet half way perhaps?  I'm not trying to cause any offence or upset at what must be a distressing time, and obviously I've no idea about both sets of circumstances, but I think that it will also be distressing for Archie, and it would be better for there to be a face to face handover rather than a parcel force style re-homing.

I completely agree Rae.

The thought of a pup who is apparently a poor traveller being passed from car to car when he is already feeling unsettled and distressed is very upsetting. :eek:

I know my Logan (who initially went to a home in Dundee) had a terrible journey travelling from Norfolk and he was with someone he had known from birth all the way there.

I do hope that something better can be arranged. Can you not come and collect him yourself and stay in a Travel Lodge over night for example?

Just to add - I don't mean this to sound harsh, but it is a huge upheaval for Archie and perhaps a home nearer could be found so he doesn't have to go through such a horrendous journey.

Good luck whatever happens :luck:

Okay now I'm having major panics about putting Archie through the journey even though I now fiona has a fantastic home to offer him - I don't know what to do!

The journey is just one day and he'll get over a journey, he'll also get over being re-homed especially as he's young, but perhaps it would be best for him to be handed over by you to the new owner so that he doesnt have the added stress of being passed to several people along the way.

:luck:

clairerichard said:
Okay now I'm having major panics about putting Archie through the journey even though I now fiona has a fantastic home to offer him - I don't know what to do!
Hi Claire...I was following this last night and am so sorry for what you`re going through...is there someone who lives closer to you? or could you make the journey? ...would everyone understand if you felt the travelling was too much?

r

Hi i have just done the AA.com claire is about 5hours away from us.......halfway point is southwaite services but that could be too far for claire to travel

xx

Is a train out of the question? I used the train to pick up my Ziggy from Southampton (to Edinburgh) she was no worse for wear. Infact she loved the games we played in the open bit between the carriages...between sleeps!

There's also the ad that was on here recently; Andys dog carrier service 07787133361 or 01228537409.

Good luck.

beisha said:
rHi i have just done the AA.com  claire is about 5hours away from us.......halfway point is southwaite services but that could be too far for claire to travel

xx

Can you not do the journey down to Claire's? We live a bit further South than Claire and we have done the journey up to Scotland with the whippets several times now. It is surprisingly easy and if you can break the journey up by stopping over night then it's fine. :)

It would be imposiible for us to stop overnight because of small children and other dogs and I know fiona is in the same boat to.

Back