The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Tilly

jools

Registered
Reaction score
I spoke to Dawn earlier and it seems a good idea to try and get some hi profile media coverage for Tilly.

Newspapers want a good story. 1 missing dog (no offence Mally, we all understand how important she is) isn't earth shattering news - but could we get interest on the k9 angle, so many other dog lovers prepared to give money and items to auction for funds to advertise Tilly, many of these people have never set eyes on each other but are united in their feelings for Tillyand Mally.

If we can get a daily to pick up the story, we can reach so many more people - has anyone any contacts who could start things rolling, or anyone got any better ideas?

jools said:
I spoke to Dawn earlier and it seems a good idea to try and get some hi profile media coverage for Tilly.Newspapers want a good story. 1 missing dog (no offence Mally, we all understand how important she is) isn't earth shattering news - but could we get interest on the k9 angle, so many other dog lovers prepared to give money and items to auction for funds to advertise Tilly, many of these people have never set eyes on each other but are united in their feelings for Tillyand Mally.

If we can get a daily to pick up the story, we can reach so many more people - has anyone any contacts who could start things rolling, or anyone got any better ideas?

Im sure ive read somewhere on k9 that the press wouldnt be interested

keith

could try though say take abreak at the supprt angle fom k9? running a promo with pedigree at min? worth a try ? :thumbsup:

Yes it's worth a try with - K9 pulling together like this could be a good catch for the press but someone needs to take this on and be the PR person.

This might be useful

http://www.mediauk.com/

Was thinking of this last night (while trying to get to sleep :wacko: )

I was going to write a letter to the editor of The Sun, they like to get involved in campains..... :D

Im not the best with words......but im happy to give it a go..

Mallys local radio or TV station may be interested from a local angle, once one of them bites and we make loads of fuss should see it spread...

Also we need to get on to ebay somehow....auction something for Tillys fund, then add the story about her and hopefully that will spread....as long as we email it to everyone we know

A bit like pushing a small snowball down a hill (w00t)

Keith, it may seem hard, but im happy to whatever i can to get Tilly back to Mally, even if it doesnt work......better than sitting here worrying :(

Hi was talking to a lady from rescue in the vets yesterday and she mentioned the ebay angle. She had autioned a lost poster for one of the dogs that was missing, with a photo etc of the poster that way the picture and the contact details are there. we could also put Tillys story on there as well.

Who is a competent ebay seller lets give this a go!

Anything is worth a go.

Dawn

What we need to do is someone write a press release on the situation and explaining k9's involvement etc etc Include a picture of Tilly and email it to the relevant people in Dog World & Our Dogs and anyone else we can think of...

Perhaps we can go emphasise the slant of how worthwhile canine forums are in situations like these...

They probably get contacted a lot about people wanting coverage about missing dogs so we need ot make it more interesting.

I know the litter of JRTs that went missing about a month ago, 5 have now been recovered due to the intensity of the media campaign - however puppies will always get more coverage than adult dogs :(

whippet.kd said:

I was going to write a letter to the editor of The Sun, they like to get involved in campains..... :D

Mallys local radio or TV station may be interested from a local angle, once one of them bites and we make loads of fuss should see it spread...

Also we need to get on to ebay somehow....auction something for Tillys fund, then add the story about her and hopefully that will spread....as long as we email it to everyone we know

Keith, it may seem hard, but im happy to whatever i can to get Tilly back to Mally, even if it doesnt work......better than sitting here worrying :(

What seems hard who u answering here, look u while u was sitting on your backside choosing your new poxy screen name, who was it that suggested financial help in the first place., do u think this is a game or summat, were u can auction off your 40" bloomers that support your heaving bum cheeks, grow up and get out of my face.

~JO~ said:
What we need to do is someone write a press release on the situation and explaining k9's involvement etc etc  Include a picture of Tilly and email it to the relevant people in Dog World & Our Dogs and anyone else we can think of...
Perhaps we can go emphasise the slant of how worthwhile canine forums are in situations like these... 

They probably get contacted a lot about people wanting coverage about missing dogs so we need ot make it more interesting.

I know the litter of JRTs that went missing about a month ago, 5 have now been recovered due to the intensity of the media campaign - however puppies will always get more coverage than adult dogs  :(

I have contacted Shirley Rawlings who has faxed details to Joanna Russel so it should be in the breed notes of both Dog papers

We have also email another depatrment about getting a pciture in the main part but all they did was send back the advertising cost.

Maybe if enough people contact the dog papers they will run a story coming from the k9 angle.

midlanderkeith said:
whippet.kd said:

What seems hard who u answering here, look u while u was sitting on your backside choosing your new poxy screen name, who was it that suggested financial help in the first place., do u think this is a game or summat, were u can auction off your 40" bloomers that support your heaving bum cheeks, grow up and get out of my face.

Just cause you offer £20 doesnt mean you can have a go at evey other idea people come up with....

You offer your £20 and sit on your ass, what the hell has changing my name got to do with anything ive have done for Tilly????? I did that before she went missing...

Stop being so bloody negative.....

midlanderkeith said:
whippet.kd said:
midlanderkeith said:
whippet.kd said:

Just cause you offer £20 doesnt mean you can have a go at evey other idea people come up with....

You offer your £20 and sit on your ass, what the hell has changing my name got to do with anything ive have done for Tilly????? I did that before she went missing...

Stop being so bloody negative.....

10% warn against me, heres the other 90, [edited by moderator]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Come on guys, this is about Tilly - not about your personal feud. Keep it off K9 or at least these threads that are too important to get hijacked by your petty bantering :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope Tilly is found safe and well soon :luck: Must be sooo dreadful for Mally, Every owners worst nightmare. I ve printed some posters , taken round local pet stores, etc, :luck:

Can Dog Lost help with the press stuff? I may be able to get a press release written by our PR person if someone can handle the enquiries?

Has anyone contacted Mally`s local BBC radio and TV station? They`ll help I`m sure

nigelmcfc said:
Has anyone contacted Mally`s local BBC radio and TV station? They`ll help I`m sure

emailed calendar yesterday nigel and they havn't even had the decency to reply.

BBC radio nottingham have been great though :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back