The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Thieves...chop Their Hands Off...

Janimal

Addicted
Registered
Reaction score
My son has been with his friends today at the Metro Centre shopping with his Christmas money. (Hes 14)

Anyway my OH has just brought him home....after picking them up :(

he had put his JD bag down for a minute.....

Yes youve guessed.......[SIZE=14pt]no bag [/SIZE] :rant:

contents 2 Brand New CD's - from Vouchers my sister gave him for Xmas

2 Brand New Tops from JD Sport

and his Cabrini Top that hed put into the bag and an empty wallet...hed just put the money into his pocket

so the blooming thieves got away with about £60 worth of stuff :rant: :rant:

Im gutted for him :( but just hope this is a valuable lesson learned in this life today

I sure warned him plenty before he left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, that's such a shame. :eek: I bet there are folk out there just prowling around shopping centres to do this kind of thing, especially at this time of year when there's lots of young people with Christmas money to spend. :rant:

Jill

Thats exactly what Ive just told him Jill :(

what a sorry state this world is in at times...

Oh poor Wayne he must be gutted :(

I agree chop their blummin hands off :rant: :rant: :rant:

Just thought do you have any insurance that will cover the loss ? We have a personal affects insurance that covers us for stuff away from home !

Poor little sod
hug4.gif

Dont these people make you sick :angry:

I had a bag taken off my pushchair whilst bending to talk to my toddler...this was many years ago :- "

Bet the tea leaf was miffed....protection for my sons bed who was a bed wetter at that time (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

jue332 said:
Oh poor Wayne he must be gutted  :(
I agree chop their blummin hands off  :rant:   :rant:   :rant:

Just thought do you have any insurance that will cover the loss ? We have a personal affects insurance that covers us for stuff away from home !

Thanks Julie :thumbsup:

OH is going to check, as weve just changed our Insurance.

Ive felt quite sick at the thought of them taking the goods home.....

scum bags... :rant:

How horrible for him, I really really hate thieves, at least he is safe and well, with so many knives around and being used these days at least it is just items and not him being targeted.

Juley said:
How horrible for him, I really really hate thieves, at least he is safe and well, with so many knives around and being used these days at least it is just items and not him being targeted.
I know Juley this did cross my mind... :(

Ive kept thinking things could have been worse...it could have been all his things, or all his money or even Him

Wouldnt care but hed just bought a new coat (Helly Hanson) and he had put in on, then transferred his hooded top into the bag with his other things.....the coat could so well have gone too..

hes usually so proud when he comes in to show me what hes got.

:angry: A few years ago when my eldest went to town someone sat next to him on the bus on the way home, cut into his carrier bag and took his cds. He didnt realise till he got home with half a carrier bag - he was gutted too!! :rant:

:rant: :rant: I hope their hands drop off!! To steal from kids is despicable! Sadly though, chances are it was probably other kids. I constantly worry about my daughter when she goes to the Metro Centre/Eldon Square with her mates, she is just not streetwise at all and too trusting by half.

I hate the Metro Centre and avoid it like the plague - only place I hate more is Ikea, went in there once and couldn't find the exit!!

Poor lad, what a horrible end to what should have been a nice day out. :(

Oh that is awful, poor lad. What a world we live in. I am so sorry ! :huggles:

poor lad.its ahard lesson int eh school of life but one that now hes learned it he wont repeat it.i too get lost in ikea!we went there a few weeks ago and after walking round for hours and not being able to find the exit (wed had both dinner and tea in there!) (w00t) eventually they let us go! :sweating:

What a shame :( What a rotten thing to happen :huggles:

So sad for him :(

It's also very sad that we now have to teach our kids to mistrust everyone, although it's a necessity these days.

I just hope the thieving scumbag doesn't like the music or the clothes he got away with :angry:

Lal said:
:rant:   :rant:   I hope their hands drop off!!  To steal from kids is despicable!  Sadly though, chances are it was probably other kids.  I constantly worry about my daughter when she goes to the Metro Centre/Eldon Square with her mates, she is just not streetwise at all and too trusting by half.
I hate the Metro Centre and avoid it like the plague - only place I hate more is Ikea, went in there once and couldn't find the exit!!

Poor lad, what a horrible end to what should have been a nice day out.  :(

Im not keen on the place either LAL....dont go at all near Christmas,,,,far too busy for me.

I also said to the OH I would bet its teenagers or about the same age as him because

he was actually in the Game Zone at the time, passing a bit of time till his dad arrived... :( put the bag down near a game for a minute..... and the rest is history...

What a despicable thing to happen, it make me so angry. People have to work hard in this life to provide for things and some little scumbag takes it just because they can. It happens everywhere, we even had statues stolen off our trade stand at Crufts. :(

Jenny

jenny we have the retired greyhound trust collecting boxes CHAINED up in our shops.we know from past experience theyll steal from a charity, a pensioner, or a baby. :(

How heartbreaking and un-settling for the lad

My son at a similar age had his bag stolen from Scout camp - he was very mistrustful for a long time after

Back