The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

The Wicked Whippet Is Back Home!

Ridgesetter

Registered
Reaction score
Woo Hoo – after ‘flying the flag’ and maternal duties in the USA, Electra arrived back in the country this morning. :D Unfortunately, she was delayed because of a hiccup with worming. As she has been mated, and we think pregnant, she couldn’t be wormed as per normal and so the course had to be given over 3 days which delayed departure.

The delayed departure meant she didn’t arrive until this morning (Friday) and as the first day is tied up with clearance, and also as Quarantine isn’t open on a weekend, I can’t visit till Monday :( but her carer, Tina, has assured me she has settled in well and doesn’t appear stressed. I think I'm stressing more and this weekend is going to be one of the longest until I can cuddle her. :huggles:

With all going to plan, she’ll be out on the 10 June and whelping on the 21st. :thumbsup:

I’m sure Phoebe is missing her already and Electra will miss the lure coursing. She was just getting into stride and had some legs up towards her Field Champion.

I know Lisa was disappointed when it worked out that Electra would be arriving back in the country before she did, but I’m sure the days will fly for all of us and Electra will be back home bossing Lisa’s RR’s and whippets. :- "

Both Lisa and I look forward to posting the results of Electra’s litter.

Welcome home Aus / Am Ch Ridgesetter Fly The Flag, ET SC.

A very proud breeder.

:cheers:

Great news, hope all goes well in quarantine and she's soon able to take control back at home.

All the best with the upcoming litter.

Cristina

Mychaka Whippets

:cheers: Welcome home Electra. And best of luck with the puppies :luck: :luck: :luck: Who is the daddy of her litter?

Seraphina said:
Who is the daddy of her litter?
Am/Can Ch Summit Autumn Gabardine Martin, JC (Dino)

Owned by Dr Todd Miller and bred by Susan Vernon of Summit Whippets.

Dino has some lovely dogs in his pedigree and we're very appreciative of Todd for his assistance with the mating. Electra was ready to mate when the coursing was on and whilst many dogs were still travelling to the National. Because of the time frame, we were going to organise chilled semen inseminations, but Todd very kindly flew Dino over to Electra so we were able to achieve natural matings.

Regardless of whether she's pregnant or not, I'll just be happy to give her a cuddle and welcome her back home.

Must be lovely to have her back.

jenny

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridgesetter said:
Woo Hoo – after ‘flying the flag’ and maternal duties in the USA, Electra arrived back in the country this morning.

Welcome home Electra and very well done. :thumbsup:

Great to hear she is home safe and sound, Toni. And Lisa must be extremely anxious to be back home with her.

What a great name of Electra's lover - he must be a very handsome dog, I'm sure! ;)

Of course, this reasoning has nothing to do with the fact that my Dino (That's Amore) is also named after Dean Martin :D

aslan said:
Great to hear she is home safe and sound, Toni. And Lisa must be extremely anxious to be back home with her.

Lisa arrived back this morning so he had lots of cups of tea - a rare commodity in the USA, and poured over the catalogues. Lisa had a busy time and handled a few dogs (both whippets and RR's) whilst there and even won Winners Dog on the weekend. It was wonderful catching up with her and getting all the gossip in both breeds. :p

Wait till you see the absolutely beautiful show leads she purchased. Just stunning. And a lovely blue beaded collar for Electra for special occasions.

Well, I'd better get my backside into gear and take off to visit Electra. I've bought her a nice bed to sleep in.

Cheers

imperative said:
good luck with the puppies
Hi Toni & Lisa

What wonderful news that Electra is home safe & sound. When my dogas were in quarantine they survived it much better than I did!

Good luck with the puppies - looking forward to seeing them in the ring.

Regards Gail Knightbridge.

YIPPEE! :D

Electra whelped 5 girls and 2 boys this afternoon. We weren't sure what to expect colour wise but as before, there's lots of colour.

Lisa or I will post pics soon.

:huggles: [SIZE=21pt] CONGRATULATIONS ! [/SIZE]

Can't wait to see the piccys. :thumbsup:

:cheers: Congratualtions!! cant wait to see the pics!! :cheers:

congrats on the new bubs!! :thumbsup:

Back