The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

The Weight Of Your Scratch Dog

sherry

Registered
Reaction score
well theres an interesting debate going on about scratch dogs and someone said something about 60lb+ scratch dogs. i certainly dont know of any so this thread is for anyone whose had a scratch dog or has one now. add the weights. :D and we will get a rough idea of the average weight of a no limit dog. just for fun. :D

myself ive had 2 no limit dogs:

mickey whizz 50lb

whisper whizz 46lb approx

Last edited by a moderator:
sherry said:
well theres an interesting debate going on about scratch dogs and someone said something about 60lb+ scratch dogs. i certainly dont know of any so this thread is for anyone whose had a scratch dog or has one now. add the weights. :D   and we will get a rough idea of the average weight of a no limit dog. just for fun.  :D
myself ive had 2 no limit dogs:

mickey whizz 50lb

whisper whizz 46lb approx

carol when we used to race n e 1 he weighed 46lb he raced against dogs that were 52lb lebelle is 42lb sometimes 44lb lynne trevor

Kipper was 48lb when he used to race --litter sisters were only 24lb and 26lb --so !!!!!!!!

steve

Sugar Daddy is 52lbs and litter sister Pennys Worth 37lbs

Mini Ginny 51lbs litter sister Maisy Grey 36lbs

Pems Lad 40 to 41lbs

weve got buffalo bill 46,son of a bitch 40-42,dennis the menace 46,dennis is ot of a 26lb bitch,and 4olbder others in this litter are 26 and 32,so you just dont know what you gonna get :thumbsup:

we had WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE 40lb litter brother ROSSGO 56lb bred from(OAKLAWN VIEW ghd x MR. ROSS 17lb) and that was 25 years ago

CHICANE (crazy cracker x ghd) who is nearly 10 is 48lb

YES LINDA BUT SHE IS A WELL BUILT 30LB ER LOL :- " :- "

LOOK I DID NOT SAY FAT :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL GARY :p

gary farmer said:
YES LINDA BUT SHE IS A WELL BUILT 30LB ER  LOL :- "  :- "

LOOK I DID NOT SAY FAT :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

LOL  GARY :p

Lol i was gonna say IS 48lb or WAS 48lb :lol: :- "

Annies not fat she's just BIG BONED :D

Saxon Honey - 35/36 lbs (breeding 42 lb greyhound x Dream Vision)

Saxon Honeybee 25 lbs (same breeding)

Using greyhound bitches for breeding to small whippets has gone on for years.

USING GREYHOUND STUD DOGS IMO IS WRONG to half or quarter bred whippet bitches :oops: :- "

Sorry Gary but I know you will disagree but to me these are NOT whippets as the sire determines the size.

Have to agree with Joan i personally would not be putting a greyhound stud dog over any of my bitch's backs, but i only have little whippets (except Abby) i know gaz's bitch is a nice size ... i do hear they artificially inseminate now in Ireland now a lot, but i don't think i would ever consider it for one of my dogs

Had a couple of scr bitch's but none that was no limit unfortunately

Vicky said:
gary farmer said:
YES LINDA BUT SHE IS A WELL BUILT 30LB ER  LOL :- "  :- "

LOOK I DID NOT SAY FAT :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

LOL   GARY :p

Lol i was gonna say IS 48lb or WAS 48lb :lol: :- "

Annies not fat she's just BIG BONED :D

your giving poor Annie a complex :huggles: she was 48lb to heavy to lift on scales now :oops:

Just remember we have 2 more :lol: i.e.

Saxon Duke and Saxon Blue both bred out of R.Sc.Ch. Saxon Honey x R.Ch Mad Return (20lbs)

Saxon Duke 42lbs Saxon Blue 38 lbs

SCILLONIAN said:
Just remember we have 2 more     :lol:   i.e.
Saxon Duke and Saxon Blue both bred out of R.Sc.Ch. Saxon Honey x R.Ch Mad Return (20lbs)

Saxon Duke 42lbs     Saxon Blue   38 lbs

Joan did Saxon Honey come out of the same litter as our Bow and Penny that Brian Seedhouse bred? date of birth 1990 Ithink

SCILLONIAN said:
Saxon Honey - 35/36 lbs (breeding 42 lb greyhound x Dream Vision)
Saxon Honeybee 25 lbs (same breeding)

Using greyhound bitches for breeding to small whippets has gone on for years.

USING GREYHOUND STUD DOGS IMO IS WRONG to half or quarter bred whippet bitches  :oops:   :- "

Sorry Gary but I know you will disagree but to me these are NOT whippets as the sire determines the size.

A picture of Del for you Joan race weight 46lb registered I think Saxon King

Yes, Karen that is Del, out of the same litter as Saxon Honey/Saxon Honeybee who we had - then there was Saxon Cajan Music (Vernon from Cullumpton) Saxon Moth and Saxon ??? (bitches) which Brian kept himself.

This litter, which were bred out of Lulu's Vixen x Dream Vision weights varied from 24lbs to 35lb Bitches but the dogs were "big boys" Scratch dogs. Saxon Honey was the only Scratch Bitch the other bitches were under 28 lbs.

Geoff, yes this litter was bred by Brian Seedhouse from Devon - he owned the 42lb greyhound black bitch. :thumbsup:

Also I think Geoff that Penny may have been out of the 2nd litter Brian bred from Millie (the greyhound).

Just realised Joan ,Bow and Penny weren't out of Lulus Vixen,they were out of a previous litter.

I find there is a bit of a spread in weights for some of my scratch dogs where performance doesn't seem to change much.

here's what I raced mine at;

Soapy Joe 40-41lb

Hobgoblin 35-37lb

Moonpie 35-37lb

Red Ranger 33-37lb

Jack7 40-43lb

KB 40lb

Smooby 34-37lb

If it looks like getting TOO big get it on greens....

Didn't work for Kipper though.....still 48-50lb

Back