The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

The Rising Sun/barking Dog

Apart from having sore necks and achy backs ;) we're ok. Thank god the dogs were left at home :sweating: Hazel asked me to take her M & S for some new knicker's :rant: Wished I'd bought some underpants :D

When the police came they said" there's no skid marks on the road".

I said "no there on my underpants dick head". I told Hazel to say that how ever much your neck hurts say it hurts twice as much, they put her in a wheelchair at the hospital :D she's still not talking to me :D they checked my tick tock :thumbsup: but my blood pressure is high.

Just shook us both up really,but apart from that we're still here to tell the tale.

The van looks abit of a mess though,all the front end is smashed in.

A very stiff neck this morning, thats stiff neck :D just waiting for Kennings van hire to open so we can hire one :thumbsup:

Hope your both feeling better soon! :) love from lisa and the boys x

hope you both ok keep a good diary for the claim :thumbsup:

has the toastie maker been fixed luv them toasties at the rising sun :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear you have had a bump Geoff i know from recent accident how it feels --i too was glad dogs were not with me as the cages even though sectioned off moved a good six inch forward--hope you both get plenty of physio treatment as it does help and those hire van people dont half make the most of things with the prices they charge insurance firms i bought a little car instead of letting them have the money always got a spare now ---if needed-- good luck will miss the crack on Saturday we usually have :D

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Steve/Karen

Geoff is running about now trying to get some transport,or may put some plasters on the van,as it is driveable.

Thanks for all the concern everyone.

I'm glad to hear that you are both ok. After all a van can be replaced, you two can't. :luck: :luck:

hope u can some transport sorted.

david h not sure about toastie machine but the pub does know that we r coming lol

Karen-Coral said:
Kath said:
I'm glad to hear that you are both ok. After all a van can be replaced, you two can't.  :luck:   :luck:

Be a queer bloody shaped mould trying to replace them eh?--Geoff anyway... :oops:

Something like this? lol

mrblobby.jpg

We're just phoning round for an extra long prop shaft (w00t)

ps Your bandages have come in handy Karen :D

Last edited by a moderator:
hope your both ok

bet the air was blue to say the least :rant: :rant: :rant: (w00t)

He was like a dog with a bone :rant: he pulled him that hard from the car the blokes shirt flap was hanging out of his trousers. The strongest word was damn & blast you billy sastard :- " ;) He's outside now doing a DIY job on the van :rant:

Also he nearly got arrested when he went to get the van from the recovery place.

The driver of the recovery lorry refused to release our van, and Geoff offered to pay the fee £125. He said "you can't have it until 8am tomorrow". So the mad dog took the keys out of the lorry and said "me no van you no lorry" Needless to say the driver phoned 999 (w00t) but the sergeant was Geoffs nephew :sweating: Geoff denied threatning to break his nose and other parts of his anatomy.

Hi, we're hoping to come and watch the racing tomorrow, but it's been about 30 year since we were last there !!! Is it still at the Rising Sun Miners Welfare field ? Where is the Barking Dog Pub ? Is the track still accessable from Station Road ? We used to race at the Rising Sun & Bigges Main, but as I said, a very long time ago !!!

Thanks.

Those bandages! (w00t)

Kiss of bloody death eh Geoff? lol

Anyone else want some? :- "

Nurse Karen :clown:

Eggy said:
Hi, we're hoping to come and watch the racing tomorrow, but it's been about 30 year since we were last there !!! Is it still at the Rising Sun Miners Welfare field ? Where is the Barking Dog Pub ? Is the track still accessable from Station Road ? We used to race at the Rising Sun & Bigges Main, but as I said, a very long time ago !!!Thanks.

yes eggy it,s the same place , next to rising sun cottages and the pit.

the little bar which used to be just 1 room and is now bigger, but what dogs did you used to run.

really looking forward till tomorrow always first class opens :thumbsup:

Eggy said:
Hi, we're hoping to come and watch the racing tomorrow, but it's been about 30 year since we were last there !!! Is it still at the Rising Sun Miners Welfare field ? Where is the Barking Dog Pub ? Is the track still accessable from Station Road ? We used to race at the Rising Sun & Bigges Main, but as I said, a very long time ago !!!Thanks.

yes the rising sun miners welfare is the place, the barking dog pub is on the field and yes its accesicble from station rd. so it sounds like the place u know lol

the weather has been lovely today so hopefully it will stay the same for tommoro and the track is looking fine. weigh in 11am till 12 noon but il be there from about 10.30am if anyone wants to come & weigh in early. we aim on starting 1.15pm to 1.30pm.

cinnamon said:
Eggy said:

yes eggy it,s the same place , next to rising sun cottages and the pit.

the little bar which used to be just 1 room and is now bigger, but what dogs did you used to run.

You still out and about?

Wheres that baby?

thought of some names last night for him.................

Herbie or Basil............. (w00t)

Karen

Back