The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

The Puppies Are 'ere.

Isilwane

Registered
Reaction score
Phoebe Booth (Shamasan) & I (Lisa- Isilwane) are very pleased to annouce the arrival of 9 babies in West Redding, Connecticut in the wee small hours of 13 April. After a longish first stage Miss Electra managed to pop the little ones out in 5 hours and at last conversation was resting comfortably and as with previously being an excellent mother. -_-

Parents of this litter are Edward (Am Ch Shamasan A Kind of Magic) and Electra (Am Ch/Aust Ch Ridgesetter Fly the Flag ET).

And in a complete form reversal from her last litter (6 girls/2 boys) she has produced 7 boys & 2 girls this time. All pups are brindle/white or white/brindle with mainly fawn brindling, one red brindle & one blue brindle. o:)

I am feeling a little lost at the moment not being able to be with her and enjoy her babies but I know that Phoebe is making up for my absence big time. And hopefully in the next 24 hours I will be cuddling the latest Ridgeback arrivals at Isilwane Kennels - if the evil one who is due any moment will stop pretending to think about going into labour at about 10pm and then once I'm all set up and ready for a long night goes into a deep, snoring sleep (with one eye open to make a bit of a fuss when I look like going to bed!!!!!!!!) :- "

Lisa

:cheers: [SIZE=14pt]Many congrats to all at Shamasan and Isilwane for all those babies!!![/SIZE] :cheers:

Possibly the first Australo-American bred litter??? :thumbsup:

Congrats , cant wait to see some piccys , of both breeds!!

Congratulations Lisa + Phoebe, :thumbsup:

Big kisses for Electra and pups, :wub: :wub:

from the gang at ''Whippabout''. :wacko:

Regards

Debra :D o:)

Congratualtions.........don't forget pics needed. :wub:

Congrats Lisa and Phoebe (and Edward and Electra of course! ;) )

Huge congrats to all concerned and glad to hear mum and babies doing well. Can't wait to see pictures.

[SIZE=21pt]CONGRATULATIONS[/SIZE] :cheers: :thumbsup:

Internet kisses from me until we get to hug Electra (and a cuddle to Phoebe for all her hard work) in person in August.

Lots of love from a very proud breeder.

Thanks everyone for the congrats.

Will post the whippet babies when the pics arrive in my inbox. But the Ridgebacks will take time as mother has decided to keep them in until they are old enough to leave home!!!!!!!

And to Morgan - actually there have been a number of Australian/American matings over the years and at the moment Ch/Am Ch Byerley Saville Row is just down the road from Electra with Iva Kimmelman of Merci Isle Whippets. Electra and Sav travelled over within a couple of weeks of each other and Phoebe handled both dogs to their titles (Iva did also handle Sav on occasions). Sav has three litters on the ground as far as I'm aware.

And Toni had best take LOTS of cuddles from Harley and I for the Empress of Isilwane Kennels - even though her daughter Zest is doing a good job of filling her shoes we do miss her terribly.

Lisa

Hi all

If you care to go to www.shamasan.com there are 4 week photos of Electra (BISS/MBIS Aust/Am Ch Ridgesetter Fly the Flag ET) and Edward's (Ch Shamasan A Kind of Magic) babies. :wub:

Of course we think they are all beautiful but we are just a bit biased. o:)

Regards

Lisa

Isilwane Kennels

Lisa your pups and dogs are beautiful :wub: :wub: :wub:

Nellie is a stunning girl :wub: :wub: :wub:

Julie

:wub: Pretty pups ................. Nosey for me :wub:

lovely pups and some unusual marking s too

Wow, gorgeous puppies :wub: :wub: :wub: My favorite is Rev :wub:

I love the markings of the mostly white ones - Beany, Tailer and Vida Blue. Of the more conventionally marked ones I pick Qantas and Rev. What a great name for a half Aussie pup - Qantas. :)

Thanks guys - I'm very happy with them, just wish I could get over there to have a cuddle.

Julie - claim ownership of Electra (Toni & John bred her) but Nellie is all Phoebe's doing (Phoebe Booth of Shamasan) but I will pass on your comments to her :)

And I love the name Qantas too - apparently Phoebe looked down in the box one day not long after he was born and he looked like the flying kangaroo on the tail of the planes. We are looking at the possibility of Anzac themed names although I'm pretty sure one of the girls will be "Shamasan Alice Springs" - probably the first one to "spring" out of the box :- "

Lisa

Isilwane Kennels

Hi all

Just an update to say that there are 8 week pics of Electra's babies at www.shamasan.com - with an explanation about the lighting in the pics.

With regard the thread on testicles - Electra had 7 boys in this litter and at 8 weeks we had 14 testicles ;) ) She also had two boys for 4 testicles in her first litter.

Very proud of the girl and her kids. :huggles:

Lisa

Isilwane Kennels

Back