The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

The Law About Whippets And Wild Cats

milliken

Registered
Reaction score
what is the law regarding the killing of wild cat with dogs cuz got one this morning with my old whippet dog the land onwer has traped most of them and is more and happy with me getting ride of the rest of them by wild i dont mean house pets running about the countryside i mean born in the wild with no contact with people and just left to multiply :p

we have saw a few our luchers when out on lamp killing cats, we dont know any laws. :thumbsup: make sure they aint got bells on :D :oops:

my lurchers regulary take wild cats both on the lamp and in day time, its one of those things tho that you have to becare full with , as one person sees a lurcher with a cat and they imediatly think the dog has killed someones pet. its something that could get you into some deep :rant:

not sure about the legal side of it?

milliken said:
what is the law regarding the killing of wild cat with dogs cuz got one this morning with my old whippet dog the land onwer has traped most of them and is more and happy with me getting ride of the rest of them by wild i dont mean house pets running about the countryside i mean born in the wild with no contact with people and just left to multiply  :p
You mean ferrel, not wild. :- "

Got to be Feral Cats. The only true wild cats in the UK are in scotland - lord mercy let your dog near one of those.

Back