The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

The Great Escape!

maryfay

Registered
Reaction score
had the maddest day ever yesterday, we have been having work done on the house and yesterday morning i let the dogs out the back garden,what i didnt realise was the work men on saturday night had left the side gate open,so when i went to let the dogs back in they were gone! (w00t)

so... both kids thrown in the car,and we were off for a mad drive around the streets, we went up to the fields where we walk but no sign of either of them,rang the dog warden and police to check they hadnt been reported,but no luck.

im sure at this point i was acting like a mad woman and the kids thought it was fun driving round with the roof down shouting the dogs.

anyway after about an hour of driving around i decided to come home to check no one had rang as both the dogs have name tags with the home number on and guess who was sat at the front door??????

two very tired looking dogs :- "

sat asif to say we are home and need a drink!

they must of decided to go for a good run on the fields and then come back as though its something they do every day on their own!

so rang the dog warden to say they were home and she called around and micro chipped them both for free for me so as if ever it happens again they would be bpought straight back to us and not have to be taken to kennels,also comes in handy if they ever get taken so we can prove they are ours.

so it ended happily and as soon as the workmen get here they are going to get a pice of my mind as it was so stressfull when you think your dogs have gone.

So glad they turned up at home :huggles: , could have been so much worse.

Bet you were so glad to see them.

yes we were, its amaxing how much you panic, was so worried about the either been taken in by some not so honest people wich is why im glad they are microchipped now because a name tag can be taken off to easily, my daughter always gets people admiring the dogs and it worries me how much they seem to like them, we are not really close to any busy roads but you still wory so much incase they were to get run over or meet a not so nice dog.

What a terrible time for you. It must have been such a relief to see them sitting at the front door. :sweating: :sweating: So glad they are safe and sound. :huggles: :huggles:

oh you must have been frantic :eek:

gald they are both safe and sound :huggles:

can imagine what you was going through,i would have been tearin my hair out too :eek:

glad there home safe and sound :huggles: :sweating:

God i bet it was awful......i'd die if the girls got out.

Im so glad they are back safe and sound :thumbsup:

Back