The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Stud Dog Which One

tarragon

Registered
Reaction score
Tarragon (heatwave& Spellbound) has just come into season we are debating which stud dog , any suggestions trying for lightweights ha ha . :- "

dont think u could go wrong with oscar or just friends!!

Ooooh I like these topics :D

Off to trawl the databases now :lol:

The breeding is pretty close but you could choose Xstatic :unsure: .

P.S Have had to use "Ebony Eyes" on the BWRA Database as Tarragon's breeding is listed as "unknown" on the dam's side.

LOTS OF GOOD STUD DOGS AT MOMENT /VIVS QUEST/ OSCARS PRIDE/ JUST FRIENDS/WOR JOHN/MONTANA/LOTS MORE ALL THROW CHAMPIONS HARD TO PICK IT YOUR OWN CHOICE BUT BEST OF LUCK WHICH ONE YOU PICK :thumbsup:

I doubt if he would be considered but as an outsider you can always consider viv's Quest he is 21lbs has proved he was a good honest racer both on bends and sraights

a proven sire sired supreme pups

and rch and sire of Little Bill winning ch of ch for 3 years on trot

just a thought

Depends how you feel about using dogs that are being used a lot but if you're going to go to a "proven stud" then i'd go to Wor John, Sonny Boy clicked with Heatwave for you so its with keeping of that line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vicky said:
Depends how you feel about using dogs that are being used a lot but if you're going to go to a "proven stud" then i'd go to Wor John, Sonny Boy clicked with Heatwave for you so its with keeping of that line.
Must have read my mind Vicky (w00t) looked elsewhere however due to the statement "trying for lightweights" :thumbsup: .

Anyone got any more suggestions, I like playing these games, reminds me of Caroles "ideal mating" topic. :D

Fleesh said:
Vicky said:
Must have read my mind Vicky (w00t) looked elsewhere however due to the statement "trying for lightweights" :thumbsup: .

Yeh i know what you mean - he's not guaranteed to throw big one's though, look at Weardale Spot.

Please Fleesh don't encourage me!!!! I'll crash the database :teehee:

As usual agree with Vicky on the Wor John / Sonny Boy line.

Seen as she has quite a different line from heatwave's side, might be worth looking at something slightly less popular?

Dont know if he is still available at stud but i really rate shooting star!

Conversely look at Chris & Rob's pup out of little Grace (w00t) (unless I've mistaken the stud dog).

Believe me I've been through one end of the database to the other trawling stud dogs for our breeding, then went back to the same dog for a repeat mating in the end :huggles: .

Luckily I have dog number 2 lined up for Blaze and I know he produces pups so shouldn't be too tough to get a mating (though I know a fella that may get "whiplash" out of it :eek: :oops: )

vicky must be a mind reader she read mine too :thumbsup: wor john :thumbsup:

defo wor john,plus andy & molly live 5 mile away from you :) :thumbsup:

I think little Harley(Crackelle ) would be a cracking lightweight stud he's got guts to spare not many would come back after his injurys and still be competitive !!!testement to his owners! :thumbsup:

pick just friends top class breeding you cant go wrong :thumbsup:

why not try little bill :thumbsup:

good :luck: luck with whoever you pick

why not give our roddy a go , tonys gift/cracked it. 30 lb. he would a girl friend :wub: good lines not a bad dog.

Back