The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Stray Lurcher Running Loose

FeeFee

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone on the board is in this area but just on the offchance, there is a lurcher running loose, last seen last night headed out of Cricklade on the Purton Road.

I followed him for about an hour but he wouldn't let me near him, then he finally gave me the slip and ran off over farm land. :(

He (she?) is red fawn with a dark mask, smooth coat, no collar, very thin and very scared.

If anyone is in this area please keep your eyes open. Don't approach him or you'll probably just chase him on somewhere else, but if you spot him please let me know asp.

Thanks

Just emailed this to friend living in Purton.....

Hope the poor hound is caught safely soon! :luck:

You could try contacting Doglost as may also have members in the area?

Have crossposted to Lurcherlink so more people can keep an eye out....

Please update if any more sightings.

Thanks for sending to your friend. If anyone in the area wants my number in case of any sightings I'm happy to PM it :luck:

I've already been in touch with DogLost - thanks for crossposting to Lurcherlink :luck:

Have 2 helpful peeps ready to search.....need your no. for location of last sighting

Thanks, I've already posted on GAP, and I've had some good lurcher-catching advice from Lisa :thumbsup:

Any news or sightings FeeFee? Nicky has offered a rescue space at GLWR when caught if that helps?

Unfortunately no sightings since I last saw him on Sunday night. I've walked the area a few times and given my number to dogwalkers, riders, tractor drivers and anyone else I can find, but he's either moved on or is lying very low.

I don't think there's much more anyone can do now until we know if he's still in the area, in which case we'll try to organise a proper search. I just hope he's OK

I have got an emergency rescue place lined up for him if he's caught - but I'm getting less hopeful we're going to find him easily, let alone catch him :(

Back