The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Stans Problems.....!!!!!

~JO~

Registered
Reaction score
Just had to post this... Stan has never had a tick in his life, yesterday I found 3 on him :x 2 on his face and one just by his weener (w00t) Poor lad - he then had to put up with me spraying garlic juice on them and then yanking them out (w00t)

But bloody typical, they all came out nice and clean apart from the willy tick, which left a leg in - so since then I have have spraying garlic juice on his willy just to make sure it doesn't go nasty.

I just heard all the girls laughing in the office and there is Stan lying on his side with his horrible droopy balls hanging out the back of his legs and unbelievably one just kept twitching (w00t) In fact it seemed to be dancing around in time to the radio!!!!! :lol: :lol:

So not only did he have a tick on his willy, now he has a tic in his balls!!! :thumbsup: :p Sorry had to share

Oh poor Stan.......I think tic are reaching epidemic proprtions this year, both of mine have had one, and we've only ever seen one on a previous dog ever!

~JO~ said:
Just had to post this... Stan has never had a tick in his life, yesterday I found 3 on him  :x   2 on his face and one just by his weener  (w00t) Poor lad - he then had to put up with me spraying garlic juice on them and then yanking them out  (w00t)
But bloody typical, they all came out nice and clean apart from the willy tick, which left a leg in - so since then I have have spraying garlic juice on his willy just to make sure it doesn't go nasty.

I just heard all the girls laughing in the office and there is Stan lying on his side with his horrible droopy balls hanging out the back of his legs and unbelievably one just kept twitching  (w00t)   In fact it seemed to be dancing around in time to the radio!!!!!  :lol:   :lol:

So not only did he have a tick on his willy, now he has a tic in his balls!!!  :thumbsup:   :p   Sorry had to share

im assuming Stan is your dog! and not your man??????? tee hee!

perish the thought!

Ticks are everywhere this year - my Mum had one on her arm, and the springer she walks had them on her flappy ears, and my poor brother who does a lot of off-road cycling in Dorset got one very near where Stan has :lol: He couldn't see to get it out himself and had to visit the GP. Red faced bro.

annlouise said:
perish the thought!

Yep Stan is my baby whippet :D But yes what an awful thought, which turned into a reality for Helens poor brother (w00t) (w00t) what a nightmare!

Here is Stan..

7885e501.jpg

4910c9ef.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

:huggles: Poor Stan :huggles:

Garlic willy different i surpose! :- "

Hope he hasnt got a ladie friend calling soon she might not like garlic :lol:

~JO~ said:
Just had to post this... Stan has never had a tick in his life, yesterday I found 3 on him   :x   2 on his face and one just by his weener  (w00t) Poor lad - he then had to put up with me spraying garlic juice on them and then yanking them out  (w00t)

I just heard all the girls laughing in the office and there is Stan lying on his side with his horrible droopy balls hanging out the back of his legs and unbelievably one just kept twitching  (w00t)   In fact it seemed to be dancing around in time to the radio!!!!!  :lol:   :lol:

So not only did he have a tick on his willy, now he has a tic in his balls!!!  :thumbsup:   :p   Sorry had to share

:lol: :lol: :oops: sorry for laughing JO - but Ive laughed till Ive cried reading this.

Poor lad - hope mommy gets those nasty ticky things sorted on his Willy :blink: VERY SOON :thumbsup: :luck:

Loved Stans photos - he looks :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
annlouise said:
perish the thought!

Yeah perish that thought :'( although the garlic spray does sound intresting :b

Last edited by a moderator:
I use fly spray to get rid of tics. If it is an area I cant spray , I spray a cotton bud then apply to the tick with a cotton bud. Works with ferrets as well.

That reminded me of a funny thing, me, OH and Jordan went to the woods with the dogs which is not unusual but as it was a nice day I said lets sit for a while take in the view, so we sat for a bit and OH says we don't want to stay here too long though, I said why not it's lovely and he says yes but there are loads of ticks in this part of the woods (w00t) (w00t) needless to say I wanted to leave that minute :x

Poor Stan, that really made me laugh !!!

Ticks are definatley bad this year. A few years ago I lived up at Rannoch Moor, and met an elderly couple who told me of a picnic they had been on across the Moor, and the guy had been wearing shorts, on their return he felt quite uncomfotable in his 'pant' region, and on closer inspection his wife found and removed over 40 ticks (w00t) (w00t) :x He had sat on a newly hatched 'batch' !!!!

They are solely responsible for me NEVER wearing shorts again in Scotland !!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaw Poor Stanley, how embarassing for him . :wub: Mind you Carn had a tick earlier this year ,right in front of his wee thing :- " . We used the vasalean method worked a treat :thumbsup:

(w00t) poor Stan, but couldn't help laughing

Poor Stan, I dont think the girls will be impressed with garlic.

Having read this thread, had to have a tick inspection yesterday. And poor Shadow very nearly lost a nipple next to his twinkle - looked just like a tick to me :oops:

What use is it anyway? :blink:

~JO~ said:
Just had to post this... Stan has never had a tick in his life, yesterday I found 3 on him  :x   2 on his face and one just by his weener  (w00t) Poor lad - he then had to put up with me spraying garlic juice on them and then yanking them out  (w00t)

Oh dear !

The first time my whippet got a tick, I was convinced she had cancer. A nasty red swelling appeared on her belly, very near a teat and I thought the worst. The vet thought it hilarious and after a couple of seconds with surgical spirit, charged me £17.

Be aware that if you live anywhere near wild deer, ticks can carry Lymes didease which can be fatal to dogs. Treating them with a tick and flea lotion every three months saves a lot of worries.

Best wishes,

Anne.

P.s. Must be a male thing that you are so soncerned !

Back