The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

South Yorkshire Whippet Club

dawn

Registered
Reaction score
The SYWC Championship show is Sunday 5th October at the regular venue in Staveley (just south of Sheffield & about 5 mins from M1 Jct30).

Dog judge Morag Bolton-Lockhart (Pencloe)

Bitch judge Mary Lowe (Nimrodel)

Schedules are now available

If you require a schedule please contact a member of the SYWC committee at any of the forthcoming Ch shows

Alternatively please contact us -off board- with your details

Entries don't close until 6th September 2003 (so there is no panic) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
All the entries have been received, logged, numerated and put in order

The entry is the best ever for the SYWC with a total entry of approx. 250 dogs for Morag and Mary.

I am sure it will be an interesting day with a great selection of the cream of the UK whippets being present.

Dawn

Dawn, Is there still just one ring? And will there be camp beds for the later bitch class exhibitors :0 :D

Good Luck to everyone going, wish i could be there.

Debra :D :p

Karen

It was decided 'in committee' that the following rules were applicable for this show

1 Camp Beds or sleeping bags will be available BUT the committee have the first choice of spaces in the hall for kipping.

2 You 'may' have to share the camp bed with another person.

3 Sleeping partners will be allocated by a member of the committee.

4 At no time is 'snoring aloud' allowed as this may interfere with the concentration of the judges

5 Anyone who misses their class as they are asleep is NOT eligible for a refund

6 The committee accept no responsibility for any losses occuring whilst asleep eg false teeth falling out and pinched by a whippet.

7 The use of 'guzunders' is NOT permitted as there is no where for them to 'guzunder'

;) ;) ;)

Yes, fine, but rule three, mmmmm, not sure about that, can they be trusted :D

Rule 3 Can I please be partnered with P M H !!!!!!!!!!!!!Please . pretty please,I`m coming on my own (well just Mayzee) and she wont tell! :b

Sorry Jax PMH hasn't entered

BUT maurice is still free????

Jax, you should be ashamed of yourself, you just wed an all :0

Dawn, dont encourage her and dont use the PMH word with the entered word or I will get all hot in my sleeping bag too :b

:0 I don't know what you mean Karen!! :w

Fancy Maurice still being free !!!:0 Think I`ll pass on that one!Looks like i`ll have to bring teddy then :D `

When you say Maurice is free do you mean he used to charge!! :p

Now there you go Karen ,reliving past experiences,for surely you are too old to still be charging!! :p ( I know I am)

:D Only popped in to see how things were going...........shame....Shame...SHAME on you all..............I am going to tell!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat.

PMH is on the committee - yes? So surely will be there? You'll have to just drool from the sideline Jax. But keep some tissues handy and try not to be too obvious. It's difficult - I know! ;)

Whoops - got a bit excited there and forgot to wish everyone the best of luck! I will be thinking of you all - twelve months now since I was there. Have a great day!

By the way - if anyone has a digital camera and wouldn't mind taking a pic of Anita Turner's Pacesetter for me (if he's there) - I will be forever grateful. I would like to see how he's looking 12 mths down the track. I haven't heard much from Anita lately. You can tell her you're taking the pic for me - I'm sure she won't mind!

He must be looking alright - RCC to Ronan at Belfast! - not looking quite as nice as Ronan - hey Dessie ? ;)

And would anyone be able to get me a catalogue - I will pay for it and postage of course.

And ...(thinking of all these things now) ... would someone say hello to Eva and Lyn Yacoby for me? I haven't talked to Eva on the phone for about 6mths and she doesn't have the internet.

Once again - have a great day - I'm off to the Zone 3 TOP DOG Final in Townsville with Layla. I just hope she doesn't get knocked out in the first round! But if she does we still have two champ shows on Sat & Sun to go to - with International judges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Luck Lana- Hope you do well with Layla up north.

Yes best of luck Lana, who are your Judges, anyone we know?

Back