The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

South West Whippet Club

We are hoping to be there and bringing all 3 girls. We know that Chelsea can't take part in the 'games' but it's my understanding it's ok to bring her?

Just depends on how we feel after getting home from the Houndshow.

Wendy

:( We now may not be able to come. I've been waiting to hear from my uncle which weekend he's coming to visit - and yes, I think he's partial to that weekend, although not partial to travelling off down the M5 to the whippet fun day :(

Have a great time everybody - and please please post lots of pics :thumbsup:

~Helen~ said:
:( We now may not be able to come. I've been waiting to hear from my uncle which weekend he's coming to visit - and yes, I think he's partial to that weekend, although not partial to travelling off down the M5 to the whippet fun day :(

Oh noooooo :( Thats such a shame

Wendy - yep its fine if Chelsea-bear comes along too.

I'm just about to try out the whippet long-jump :lol: :wacko:

~JO~ said:
~Helen~ said:

Oh noooooo :( Thats such a shame

Wendy - yep its fine if Chelsea-bear comes along too.

I'm just about to try out the whippet long-jump :lol: :wacko:

Cool!! She'll be a very happy Bear just to be there.

Whippet Long Jump????

Wendy

Bumping this up in case anyone doesn't know about it already!! :thumbsup:

Sadly it's the champs tomorrow. One year we'll be down and visitng our dear friends and their crowd can come to. (Yes R I know it's August, but get the DRAGON up :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I wont be able to make it . Hound show today and I have to work at 4 pm . :(

Have a great day everyone :cheers: :cheers: :thumbsup:

Whats your best distance then Jo (w00t)

Joanna said:
Sadly it's the champs tomorrow. One year we'll be down and visitng our dear friends and their  crowd can come to. (Yes R I know it's August, but get the DRAGON up :p

Yes if you can make it I'll ask the Dragon (w00t) to cover - hopefully next year.

Hope you all had a great day and looking forward to seeing the piccies 8)

Zephyr said:
We'll be there :))   - for our sins we are part of the Whippet Obedience Display team - hope my boy behaves himself!!!! :b   :sweating:

Really looking forward to the day out in Devon, and meeting lots of K9ers as well! :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

Had a great day out. Dog obedience was inspirational!

Kids had a brilliant time, and came away with prizes, so very happy.

You were all right, the food was good too.

We were just about to leave when I had a warm feeling on the back of my leg - a dog walking behind me on a lead had cocked its leg.

Bad end to a good day.

We were wanting to come up to see you all but things went belly up today. :(

Will pop it in my diary for next year :thumbsup:

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GOOD TIME :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WE COULD'NT COME :( :( WOKE UP YESTERDAY AND MY RIGHT EYE WAS SWOLLEN RIGHT UP (w00t) I COULD'NT EVEN OPEN IT,IT WAS COVERED IN CRUSTY STUFF ETC,SO HUBBY TOOK ME UP TO CASUALTY(NOT THAT I WANTED TOO)ANYWAY THE DOCTOR SAYS I,VE GOT A BACTERIA INFECTION,SO I'M ON ANTIBIOTICS AND EYE DROPS AT THE MOMENT.

Hope you feel better soon Dawn.

We didn't make it either Dan our son was asked to play Cricket because they were short, so we did that instead. Hope everybody who went had a good time and some pictures will be posted soon.

mandy21 said:
Hope you feel better soon Dawn. 
We didn't make it either Dan our son was asked to play Cricket because they were short, so we did that instead.  Hope everybody who went had a good time and some pictures will be posted soon.

thanks Mandy :wub: :wub:

feeling alot better in myself,just my dam eye,not gone into work today,want to go back tomorrow,so will have to see :wacko: :wacko:

shame you miss it too.

We had a good day. Got there late as I had a really bad throat early in the morning so decided not to go, then later decided we didn't want to miss out. Teya tried Lure Coursing and was a star. Chelsea and Savannah were not impressed that they couldn't, and ended up in a bit of a spat which resulted in a hole in Chelsea, 2 holes in Daddy and 7 holes in Savannah (w00t)

Here's a link to pictures and the full write up http://groups.msn.com/whippetworld/general...584156195246160

It was a GREAT event. Next year we hope to take part in the whole day and have NOONE on the injured list at the end of the day.

Wendy

chelynnah said:
Chelsea and Savannah were not impressed that they couldn't, and ended up in a bit of a spat which resulted in a hole in Chelsea, 2 holes in Daddy and 7 holes in Savannah (w00t)

Poor girlies! Savannah looks like she got the worst deal.

Send them lots of love from us & very gentle licks from Marble. :wub: :wub:

Hope Nick's ok, looks like he might be a bit sore for a few days also. :luck:

Back