Registered
Reaction score
Hi all :D The annual fun day this year will be help on SUNDAY 6th AUGUST

at Ugbrooke House, Chudleigh near Exeter UGBROOKE HOUSE WEBSITE

Gates open at 9.30am, events from 10am

Entrance £6 per car to include all fun events

Events include (in order)

Long Jump

Fastest recall over 50m :lol: (and guess who has the joy of running this one!)

Fun Dog Show (incl Fancy dress class)

Demonstration by the Whippet Club obedience section

Lure coursing with the BSFA

Sausage & Spoon race (adults & kiddies)

Please do try and make it - it is really great day out in wonderful grounds and we normally have around 100 whippets - also the homemade refreshments are great!

Are no K9'ers coming this year? :(

Hi Jo

We will be there really looking forward to it. Yes recall. Haven't quite mastered that one yet. We may have sucess over half a metre with Bailey, lead still attached of course (just to be on the safe side). Look forward to seeing you there.

Will you be bringing your whippets this year?

Mandy

We were gutted we missed this last year so if we can get someone to cover for us at work we will come. :thumbsup:

I'd like to come, but I'd have to confirm nearer the time as we have so much to do on the house that virtually every weekend between now and forever is booked for DIY :wacko: but I might be able to persuade OH to take the whipsies for a bit of r&r :thumbsup: Can we just turn up on the day or do we have to book in? :)

No, Helen you don't need to book. Just turn up on the day. It's a very well organised event and good fun. There is also lots of delicious food on sale.

It'll great to see everyone - I know it's a while away yet but thought it'd be useful so everyone can put it in their diaries!

It really is worth the trip :thumbsup: Lets just hope the weather is fine, but not too hot as poor old muggins here will be chasing all the whippets that have failed to recall - of course there won't be many of those :- " :p

mandy21 said:
No, Helen you don't need to book.  Just turn up on the day.  It's a very well organised event and good fun.  There is also lots of delicious food on sale.
so thats why there nothing left,when i get there :- " ;) :lol:

~JO~ said:
It'll great to see everyone - I know it's a while away yet but thought it'd be useful so everyone can put it in their diaries!
It really is worth the trip  :thumbsup: Lets just hope the weather is fine, but not too hot as poor old muggins here will be chasing all the whippets that have failed to recall - of course there won't be many of those  :- "  :p

it soon comes around (w00t) :D :D

Great - OH has given it the nod, so we'll be there :cheers:

edited to add - I'm going to put my remote-controlled Lola-dog into the recall :thumbsup: BUT NOT my feral-wild-thing-aka Josie :- " she'll just have to watch everyone else having fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Helen :cheers: Can't wait!

Archie might be skipping the recall too!

We will be there again only going to bring two of the Whips this year Paris and not sure who else yet :wacko: .

See You there

Simon

Whip said:
We will be there again only going to bring two of the Whips this year Paris and not sure who else yet :wacko: .
See You there

Simon

nice to see you again Simon and Paris :D we won't be bringing all of ours also,might just take three.

Just thought I'd bump this back up as its such a good day :thumbsup:

We'll be there :)) - for our sins we are part of the Whippet Obedience Display team - hope my boy behaves himself!!!! :b :sweating:

Really looking forward to the day out in Devon, and meeting lots of K9ers as well! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Sarah

Bumping it up for you

Mandy

Last edited by a moderator:
~JO~ said:
Hi all :D The annual fun day this year will be help on SUNDAY 6th AUGUST

at Ugbrooke House, Chudleigh near Exeter UGBROOKE HOUSE WEBSITE

Gates open at 9.30am, events from 10am

Entrance £6 per car to include all fun events

We will be there with Flash and Sparky - they will be a year old on 3rd August.

Hopefully spot you there Helen.

We'll keep our fingers crossed for good weather :luck:

Sharon

Back