The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

South West Whippet Club Champ Show

barb.jeff

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have the results from SWWC champ show today. Thanks

I have to say that I was amazed, and saddened, to see that this thread had not had any replies concerning the first Championship show run by the SWWC.

OK, I can hear you say, easy for her as her bitch won BIS and it was a great honour to do so under two respected long serving judges of our lovely breed but it was they who judged and not the hard working committee.

For those who do not know it takes years of planning and hard work to gain CC status, its not a 'given' by the Kennel Club, and good finances are also needed to back up the show. The years of preparation before the show can even begin are emmense, after serving on a committee for years I can vouch for this. Through the hard work & dedication of the committee of SWWC they finally achieved their CC status to join the other breed clubs on a level footing, well done to them I say. In todays society even the venue can be a problem as many are now closing their doors to the world of dogs, it takes time, effort & even alot of petrol to source a good one.

The list of prizes on offer were second to none and to be honest far too many for me to list here, that takes work and constant badgering of people but also shows the support the club has by people giving so much as they did. An enormous, and very delicious, cake in the club colours took centre stage at the lunch interval and I hope someone will share the pictures of this with everyone. The show ran very smoothly, the venue was warm & light and the committee were very helpful, we even had a lovely guy offer to help us to our car with all of our baggage, thank you.

So please think about the huge task undertaken by the committee of the SWWC at the weekend, a task well done, and long may they continue to have this success.

Of course we had a fantastic day and I would like to congratulate Hannah with Peanut on her superb day, just what she & her mum needed at this time, and of course all the others who enjoyed success at the show but if you can't post for that at least acknowledge the achievements of SWWC because they deserve it.

Well done girls and guys, a superb day run as if you had been doing it years. Long may your success continue.

I have to say that I was amazed, and saddened, to see that this thread had not had any replies concerning the first Championship show run by the SWWC. OK, I can hear you say, easy for her as her bitch won BIS and it was a great honour to do so under two respected long serving judges of our lovely breed but it was they who judged and not the hard working committee.

For those who do not know it takes years of planning and hard work to gain CC status, its not a 'given' by the Kennel Club, and good finances are also needed to back up the show. The years of preparation before the show can even begin are emmense, after serving on a committee for years I can vouch for this. Through the hard work & dedication of the committee of SWWC they finally achieved their CC status to join the other breed clubs on a level footing, well done to them I say. In todays society even the venue can be a problem as many are now closing their doors to the world of dogs, it takes time, effort & even alot of petrol to source a good one.

The list of prizes on offer were second to none and to be honest far too many for me to list here, that takes work and constant badgering of people but also shows the support the club has by people giving so much as they did. An enormous, and very delicious, cake in the club colours took centre stage at the lunch interval and I hope someone will share the pictures of this with everyone. The show ran very smoothly, the venue was warm & light and the committee were very helpful, we even had a lovely guy offer to help us to our car with all of our baggage, thank you.

So please think about the huge task undertaken by the committee of the SWWC at the weekend, a task well done, and long may they continue to have this success.

Of course we had a fantastic day and I would like to congratulate Hannah with Peanut on her superb day, just what she & her mum needed at this time, and of course all the others who enjoyed success at the show but if you can't post for that at least acknowledge the achievements of SWWC because they deserve it.

Well done girls and guys, a superb day run as if you had been doing it years. Long may your success continue.

I think that most people have posted on TWF. A group of South Cots. people went to give support to their first Championship show,and what a absolutely wonderful show it was. The atmosphere was most welcoming, the prizes were amazing, the dogs of course were beautiful, and we caught up with old friends. Thank you SWWC for a great day.

Back