The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

South West Supreme Lurcher Show

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score
Really looking forward to meeting up with you lot from down there again. This will be my first time in the South West and from what ive seen it looks gorgeous !

I hear the Show itself is brilliant but i know nowt about the racing side of things....can anyone tell me how long the track is for the pointy faced people to run up ? Ive looked on googly earth at the postcode but i wish i knew what field it was in so i could measure.

Il post an ariel view later and maybe some of you lovely bumpkins could mark it for me.

10 days to go

wont be able to see you at this one john :( as we are going to drift fields to help out with LW

hope to catch up with you soon

paul & sarah :thumbsup:

If your around that area you really should go to the Ashburton Show because if it was anything like last years it was BRILLIANT, (I think a few other would agree with that)

and if you are lucky enough to camp Saturday night you will have a great time with Kev, Deb, Josh and all the other followers, Oh ye and a lovely long slight up hill run on good ground, (if it's in the same field). ;) Hope you have a good stay down here John and your welcome to pop in and have a cuppa and a chat. ;) Di

Bloody thing posted twice. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
it's an awful long way when you have little legs, this is the middle of the course from last year

ASH1.jpg

lady p your on about the wrong show it is ashburton which is pictured she was just replying to what gabbitas said :lol: :teehee: (w00t)

lady p your on about the wrong show it is ashburton which is pictured she was just replying to what gabbitas said :lol: :teehee: (w00t)
having a senior moment and yes it would have been clearer had i put where it was, it was Ashburton Down lol thankyou tigger2007 i'm off for a nap now

it's an awful long way when you have little legs, this is the middle of the course from last year
ASH1.jpg

:( Why did you have to put that up twinkletoes dylan? :eek: now I'm really peed off i can't go, ;) we had such a brilliant time last year and the terriers racing with their little jockeys on was just so funny. :lol: Good luck for this year hope the weather is kind to you. :thumbsup: Di

:lol: I've found some pictures of last years race track, (a lurcher owner's dream) especially the big powerful dogs. :) Sorry terrier owners along way for you. :eek:

AshburtonandWorcesterShow045.jpg

AshburtonandWorcesterShow005.jpg

AshburtonandWorcesterShow004.jpg

I had some photos of the terriers with jockeys on too twinkletoes dylan, (but i can't find them) :lol: :teehee: Di

think there on Steve's computor.

:lol: I've found some pictures of last years race track, (a lurcher owner's dream) especially the big powerful dogs. :) Sorry terrier owners along way for you. :eek:

I had some photos of the terriers with jockeys on too twinkletoes dylan, (but i can't find them) :lol: :teehee: Di

What a cracking track Di ! Nice pix ;) Any from Bossington ?

john...."oi be a soider drinker..oi drinks it all af the day" (weekends only)

I'm happy to say Mags is looking very good but very bruised under her chest still, but Leia's face is still swollen but gone down a bit. 14 days before i will know if they are all clear and no damage to their livers or kidneys. Hope you enjoy your visit down this way and like i said pop in for a cuppa and a chat one day. :thumbsup: Di

I'm happy to say Mags is looking very good but very bruised under her chest still, but Leia's face is still swollen but gone down a bit. 14 days before i will know if they are all clear and no damage to their livers or kidneys. Hope you enjoy your visit down this way and like i said pop in for a cuppa and a chat one day. :thumbsup: Di
Just heard about their nasty encounter Di .

Hope they both make a full recovery ,

Woody

What a cracking track Di ! Nice pix ;) Any from Bossington ?

John, I stand to be corrected, but I believe this is the 1st time they have had racing at Bossington, I do not not even know who is running it, best to contact Pat.....

john...."oi be a soider drinker..oi drinks it all af the day" (weekends only)

Just heard about their nasty encounter Di .

Hope they both make a full recovery ,

Woody

;) Thanks Woody i think they are going to be ok, fingers crossed. :thumbsup: Di

Hi was wondering if anyone has any more details for the South West Supreme Lurcher Show? All I know is that its on the 2nd August! Do dogs need to have qualified to be able to enter, have a 4 month old beddie whippet pup and would be his first show. What time does judging start, where exactly is it etc???

Many thanks

Charlotte

Hi was wondering if anyone has any more details for the South West Supreme Lurcher Show? All I know is that its on the 2nd August! Do dogs need to have qualified to be able to enter, have a 4 month old beddie whippet pup and would be his first show. What time does judging start, where exactly is it etc???
Many thanks

Charlotte
Hi Charlotte

LadyP has posted all the details on here somewhere about the show and racing. Its under something like "Minehead Harriers hosting South West Supreme lurcher show.....i think :wacko:

john

Back