The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Some Pics Of Jinny

jinnyfizz

Coataholic
Registered
Reaction score
A few recent pics - Jinny is now 4 1/2 months old :wub:

I think she's always looked more brown than black - just can't make my mind up :- "

DSCF0001-1.jpg

Relaxing in her new snuggle sack ... thanks, Nicky!!!

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

Luvin' it!

DSCF0011.jpg

Lickingherlips.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

:wub: :wub:

jinnyfizz said:
A few recent pics - Jinny is now 4 1/2 months old  :wub: I think she's always looked more brown than black - just can't make my mind up  :- "

DSCF0001-1.jpg

Relaxing in her new snuggle sack ... thanks, Nicky!!!

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

Luvin' it!

DSCF0011.jpg

Lickingherlips.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

:wub:   :wub:

Black or brown, dont matter, lovely pics lovely dog

keith

what lovely pics :thumbsup: ,shes coming on a treat :wub: :huggles:

all black animals in sunlight look brown,even my cat does :lol:

You took the words out of my mouth trish..........well of my keyboard :lol:

Coco is like that,sometimes looks brown. Jinny is completely beautiful :wub: :wub: :wub: wonderful pics of her :wub: :wub:

She's ever so beautiful :wub:

My Evie looks that chocolate colour in the sunshine and she even has golden tips to each hair just under her ears, however her sister Molly is a definate shoe polish black, no brown tinge at all.

How gorgeous is she! :wub: Your blanket looks superb - my boys would be very envious! :lol:

Beautiful piccys, what a fabulous shiny coat :wub:

she looks sable to me :)

she's beautiful :wub:

nothing better than a black whippie :- "

In these pictures she looks chocolate but like other k9ers have said black or brown shes stunning :)) :))

Hmmn, when to call a whippet black or brown. It depends whether you are referring to the appearance or the genetics. There may be whippets that look brown, but genetically they are almost certainly black. This is because, in genetic terms, 'brown' colouration (liver, chocolate etc) is a dilution of black, and affects pigment in all areas of the body, so that eyes, nose and skin will be dilute as well. Most of the brownish-black whippets I've seen have dark eyes and noses so no, they are unlikely to be brown (bb) genetically.

Whippet colour genetics - see B locus

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - thanks everybody - Jinny's head is getting bigger :oops:

That colour information is really useful, Elizabeth.

I think, being a Sooty Sam descendent, technically she must be black but not the jet black variety :D

But whatever colour she is .... I love her to bits :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

She is lovely :wub: and in that video on the other thread she definately looks very black! The photo's are great - I always find it very hard to get good pics of my black boy as he is not very photogenic and the black makes him look really skinny (w00t) :(

She looks angelic o:) and what a lovely shiny coat she has :wub:

I would also say she may be sable :thumbsup:

Liz and the Monellis

Back