The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Smirnoff Update

Dylan's Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Well Smirnoff has not been very well with a tomie bug , but over last weekend things started to get worse, smirnoff started to drip blood when she shouldn't, so we spoke to the vet on the phone who said to have an appointment on monday it could be cystitis,

the vet looked her over and wasn't completely happy with smirnoffs health but gave another jab and some tablets for her to take to treat cystitis, she asked us to take some urine samples so they could do some tests.

well after trying and trying to get some, we finnaly got enough samples, and since we had seen the vet on Monday she had been bleeding alot !!! :( the vet asked us to bring smirnoff in tonight (friday) after looking at the sample, they did an ultra sound and blood test on smirnoff, and the vet has decided even tho she is very unwell to do an emergancy spay tomorrow,

she said that she is having a season when she shouldn't be and that her womb is full of puss and if left will keep filling untill it pops and could be Fatal :'(

Its been a roller coaster week !!! and I'm glad we have got to the bottem of it but she will take longer to recover after the op as she is already unwell

fingers crossed for tomorrow !!!

heres a pic of her last weekend, sniffing a blue bell, when we took her to have a look at a whole feild of them !! :)

007-1.jpg

oh you poor thing....

its called a pyometra - my staffie had the same thing just before i was due to fly her from africa back to uk and she had to have an energency spay and was delayed from travelling for two weeks.

dogs do recover well from this.

sending love to smirnoff

:wub:

Poor Smirnoff, wishing you all lots of luck :luck: :luck:

Get well soon, I know she is your little baby :wub: :thumbsup:

So sorry to hear about Smirnoff. :( Thinking of you and praying that all goes well with the op tomorrow. :luck:

aw poor Smirnoff, I hope all goes well tomorrow and she makes a speedy recovery :huggles: :huggles:

:( aww poor smirnoff :huggles: hope all goes well with the surgery hun sending lots of gentle :huggles: :huggles: to you both :huggles:

Oh the poor love :( :huggles:

I hope everything goes ok tomorrow and will be thinking of you all :huggles:

Oh my goodness that sounds so scary :( I wish you lots of :luck: and I hope Smirnoff is feeling better soon. Give her a :huggles: from me.

Vicky

x

Sorry to hear Smirnoff is unwell :(

Hope all goes well tomorrow :luck: :luck: Sure she will soon recover :huggles:

Awwwww, poor little Smirnoff :(

Sending lots of :huggles: :huggles: and hope she will be home safe and sound soon :luck: :luck: :)

What bad luck that she's got a pyometra just before she was going to be spayed anyway.

:luck: to her and :huggles: you all .

Ahhh bless her :( ....My Inca had a pyometra and bounced back after the op ....Its surprising how quickly they feel soo much better .... :luck: :luck: and :huggles: all round xx

Poor Smirnoff :( sending lots of :huggles: for her and you :huggles:

Hope she is home very soon :luck: :luck: :luck:

Thankyou everyone for the lovely comments !!!

Smirnoff is back home and has collapsed fast asleep on a bed I made up for her in the sitting room (foam and a slumber down and blankets)

The op went well and the vets did find the pyometra but have caught it before it got nasty :) she had been on a drip all day as she wouldn't eat or drink hardly anything the last few days, she has a little bandage now on her leg :b

she has more pills and some pain releafe and we go back for a check up on monday,

I know she was gonna be spayed anyway around now, but I would have prefered it to have gone smoother for her and her to have been stronger at the start of the op,

Thanks again everyone :thumbsup:

poor wee smirmoff. hope all goes well. If it is any comfort, Lily, our 15 year old, had a bad pyometra in January, and had immediate surgery. She sailed through and is now like a much younger dog and more full of life than in the whole of the 15 months since we adopted her.

Hugs to Smirnoff and I hope she does as well as our Lily. :huggles:

So glad that everything went well. :) I'm sure she'll soon feel much better. :huggles:

aww good news, hope she recovers well ,sending her lots of gentle :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Back