The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Small Crate

fallenangel

Registered
Reaction score
with having to downsize cos of the car were having crate problems. we can fit a bigish crate in that can take the whippets to and from racing trouble is when racings on Ruby espcily has to be in her own crate cos she goes mental. the problem is shes a 27-28lb bitch and theres only room for a a crate thats 21" high its higher than her shouldres when stood up but not her head. she can lye down in it. do you think she will be ok in it when racing on. dont want to gte one and then fined its no good

with having to downsize cos of the car were having crate problems. we can fit a bigish crate in that can take the whippets to and from racing trouble is when racings on Ruby espcily has to be in her own crate cos she goes mental. the problem is shes a 27-28lb bitch and theres only room for a a crate thats 21" high its higher than her shouldres when stood up but not her head. she can lye down in it. do you think she will be ok in it when racing on. dont want to gte one and then fined its no good
think its to small next size up may be

thats the problem the next size up wont fit in the gap as the creats go wider they go higher aswell . will figure somthing out

as long as her backs not cramped in, she will be fine for race days only, can she liedown comfortable ?

as long as her backs not cramped in, she will be fine for race days only, can she liedown comfortable ?
thats what i was wondreing shes a good inch clear of her shoulders and back but her head carnt go up strate she can lye down easly and streach out. shes will only be in it when racing actuly on and the lure working rest of teh time she will go in the big cage with the others when traviling. but as you know Ruby there no way even muzzled she can be left in with any other dog when the lures going her feet can do as much damedge as her mouth lol. might have to go round trying peopels cages next time were racing tosee if there is one higher. leanght andhights not a problems its just we dont ahve much room on the width as its got tpo go behinde the front seats and between the big cagewhen the back seats are down. the only other optin is to set a cage up at the side of teh car and put her in but thats means one of us will have to be there all he time

or get another bigger car or mpv type or ask pete to swop the modeo for the hiace back :)) :blink: ;)

Tony

or get another bigger car or mpv type or ask pete to swop the modeo for the hiace back :)) :blink: ;)
Tony
in your dreams. do you realy want it back now and let me know when you win the lotterys to get a new MPV :p

Hi just a thought but can you not make your own that way you can get the size exactly as you want it? Suppose that will only work if you know anyone who is handy like that lol You can get the little clips to put wire cage together from most hardware shops and if probs getting the cage material then try looking at fire guards the ones that are for when you have babys as they can be took apart some are quite thick so should be strong enough x

Skye is about that size and I had a 21 inch high crate that fitted Phoebe fine but Skye looked cramped and unhappy in it (although she was sharing with Phoeb). I agonized for ages then saved up my money and bought a custom built cage from Hamster Baskets which is 28 inch high and sloped so it fits in the boot perfect, was 240 quid so bit of an outlay but I figured would have it for a life time. It's fab, really good quality with absolutely no rattles and well worth the money imo. :)

Back