The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Silly Things You Have Done

i have this habbit of when ever iv been somplace checking iv got everything before i leave,

well we had finished at the shops (me and the kids) kids were driving me nuts so flung them in the car and in such a rush to get moving i never checked if i had everything.

so im driving down the motorway going over in my head PHONE? yes got phone, PURSE? yes got purse, Klyes RABBIT? yes got that, Zoes TOWEL? yes got that,

KEYS?? OH NO! iv lost my keys,

panic sets in,

and i find a layby to stop and rake my bag,

starts raking in my bag to find them, NOT THERE!!

so ok need to go back, goes start the car and i bet you can guess where i find my keys!!

dont know how i thought i was driving thte car with out them, but ill tell you what iv never been so stressed about somthing in my hole life cold sweat and every thing :sweating: :oops: :oops:

:blink: Mentioning getting lost. I used to work in the evenings and one night was driving home (I only live about a 10 minute drive away) and the police had set up a detour due to an accident, I got lost and ended up in a red light area :eek: :sweating: Ive never been so scared. :wacko:

littlenell said:
:blink: Mentioning getting lost. I used to work in the evenings and one night was driving home (I only live about a 10 minute drive away) and the police had set up a detour due to an accident, I got lost and ended up in a red light area :eek:   :sweating:   Ive never been so scared. :wacko:

Red light area in West Yorkshire.............Surely not? :clown:

going down a water slide head first in a bikini at a crowded Centre Parcs...why'O'why did i think that would end well? :blink:

I've lost my car keys and finally - a day later - found them in the fridge (w00t) :- " :blink:

.......... must have been unpacking the shopping and put them in there at the same time :oops:

And I was only in my early thirties at the time so didn't have senility as an excuse :lol:

great stories, really made me laugh :D

i was once had all the dogs in the car and popped in to boots for something, the boots by me also has a pets at home so the carpark is always busy, anyway out i came and my car lights were flashing and i thought the dogs had set off my alarm and for the life of me i couldnt get it to go off, i tried everything and in the end i phoned the AA, waited for an hr for the guy to come and ......................the dogs had stood on my hazerd swicth and it was them flashing :oops: :b the AA guy thought it was funny but i could have died :b :lol:

also the other day i opened a packet of crumpets put 2 in the toaster for Beth, about half an hour later OH when to get them amd couldnt find them, i looked everywhere even in the dog beds as charile is a huge thieft but they wernt there, id only put the rest of them in the bin (w00t)

I remember once when I was about 18 (a long time ago) that I got a phone call from a man saying that he was from Marks and Spencer and that he was doing a survey on womans underwear and did I wear stockings??

So I then launched into my "oh no horrible uncomfortable things" routine explaining how all the fat bits hang over the top and they never look nice anyway with washed knickers with frayed elastic.........in the end he hung up on me!! :oops:

It wasn't until someone kindly explained that it was "one of those dirty phonecalls" that I twigged :b Anyway I probably cured him lol.

What I do more and more now is start drivng and then after about five minutes cannot remember where I am going - or is that just senility?

jinnyfizz said:
I've lost my car keys and finally - a day later - found them in the fridge (w00t)   :- "  :blink: .......... must have been unpacking the shopping and put them in there at the same time :oops:

And I was only in my early thirties at the time so didn't have senility as an excuse :lol:

Not like now then Jane :- " :- " :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Made a litre of Lemoncello, which is lemons and a litre of vodka and sugar. My stupid mother had put salt in the sugar container. I have never tasted anything so ghastly in my life. Plus what a dreadful waste of vodka!!!!!!!!! The air was quite blue. :rant:

One one occaision I left my daughter in her pram outside the local shop, got home and the phone rang, the shop! had I left something behind, I said no I had everything. What about Rebecca!!!!!!!

I felt such a fool. :unsure:

affieluver said:
meddling said:
trac said:
affieluver said:
now im really not going there i would never live it down :unsure:
like being at the end of my street ,driving off and then ringing me to say your lost :- "

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

:eek: :lol: yes but who watched me drive away before telling me i wasnt :p

ME :) it was funny though :- "

trac said:
affieluver said:
meddling said:
trac said:
affieluver said:
now im really not going there i would never live it down :unsure:
like being at the end of my street ,driving off and then ringing me to say your lost :- "

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

:eek: :lol: yes but who watched me drive away before telling me i wasnt :p

ME :) it was funny though :- "

:p :p :p :p

Karen-Coral said:
littlenell said:
:blink: Mentioning getting lost. I used to work in the evenings and one night was driving home (I only live about a 10 minute drive away) and the police had set up a detour due to an accident, I got lost and ended up in a red light area :eek:   :sweating:   Ive never been so scared. :wacko:

Red light area in West Yorkshire.............Surely not? :clown:

:lol: :lol: Fraid so :- "

Back