The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Sid went to rainbow bridge today

Tinytom

Registered
Reaction score
1668867322515_1668867273700_0_20210829_132048.jpg
Sid one of our Jack Russell's made his way to rainbow bridge today
In August he had a dental with 14 teeth removed and a mass which the vet thought was due to infection.but said it could be cancerous we would know if it returned..3 weeks ago he became lethargic and wasn't himself...sid has never been the easiest of dogs and has to be sedated for vets visits ...on Wednesday I looked inside his mouth as we had noticed an awful smell when I saw a huge tumour alongside his gum line on his right side ...on Thursday his stomach became bloated and he was snorting and snoring ...after a video call with the vet whom performed the dental it was decided the mass she had removed was in fact cancer and it had spread throughout his body hence the fluid building up in his body ...
So we decided he would go to sleep at home this morning...he had trazodone last night and this morning and he fell asleep in my hubby's arms with me and Tom his Jack Russell buddy beside him ...it seems so unfair as he would have been 8 in January so too young ....
He had a wonderful life but it never makes it any easier....
Sid is on the left hand side with his best buddy TinyTom

I am so sorry - 8 is far too young :-(

I am so sorry too. What a year you have had. RIP Sid.

How sad, I'm so sorry.
At least you have the comfort of knowing that you made the right decision for him.
RIP. Sid.

So, so sorry to hear this, heart breaking... sending hugs... Run free Sid xxx

Doing the best for them is so hard at this time. Kudos to you for putting your dog first. I am so sorry you are having to go through this, and nothing I can say will help the pain, but most of us have been where you are now, and we are all here for you.

Thank you @ hemlock ...losing 4 dogs in 13 months has been the hardest thing we have ever dealt with emotionally...
It's good to be able to share with real dog people

Really sorry, Tinytom. Huge respect and admiration. It doesn’t make it any easier irrespective of the amount of times one has been through it. You put Sid’s rights first. Thoughts and a hug. X

Hello ,
Aw, I’m really sorry to hear that. I will pray for him, you and all…
Maybe you could plant lots and lots of lovely, wildlife-friendly, wildlife-attracting flowers, plants and trees in his memory and honour. Maybe you could also donate to a dog/animal rescue/animal rights organisation in his honour and memory?
Just remember, he would want to still carry on and recover and be happy again. Of course, you should still always remember and honour, love him if you will, as with all beloved animals who pass away. But just also please take care of yourself and your family (including any other animals you may have).
Maybe I can relate as I can’t have a dog at the moment, but I get extremely upset over it and I sometimes think/say that I’m grieving for the dog I can’t have? I know that’s not the same as actually having had and lost a dog, but I still get devastated over it*…
I send lots and lots and lots of love, compassion, metta, karuna, best wishes and virtual hugs your way.
* I don’t mean that in an offensive way, I don’t want to offend you or anything. I’m just saying that maybe I can relate?
Thanks for taking good care of him…
View attachment 111980740 Sid one of our Jack Russell's made his way to rainbow bridge today
In August he had a dental with 14 teeth removed and a mass which the vet thought was due to infection.but said it could be cancerous we would know if it returned..3 weeks ago he became lethargic and wasn't himself...sid has never been the easiest of dogs and has to be sedated for vets visits ...on Wednesday I looked inside his mouth as we had noticed an awful smell when I saw a huge tumour alongside his gum line on his right side ...on Thursday his stomach became bloated and he was snorting and snoring ...after a video call with the vet whom performed the dental it was decided the mass she had removed was in fact cancer and it had spread throughout his body hence the fluid building up in his body ...
So we decided he would go to sleep at home this morning...he had trazodone last night and this morning and he fell asleep in my hubby's arms with me and Tom his Jack Russell buddy beside him ...it seems so unfair as he would have been 8 in January so too young ....
He had a wonderful life but it never makes it any easier....
Sid is on the left hand side with his best buddy TinyTom

Just been through a similar thing, My dog was happily digging on the beach 2 months ago, now hes
gone also aged 8, I know what you went through and I am really sorry,At least he had a happy 8 years
and hopefully you have many good memories of him.We must make the most of our time with our furry friends, their
lives are too short anyway and its awful when they have to go before their time.

Back