The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Shay

hope shays feeling better soon ;) wont stop him running anyway :luck:

Aww im pleased hes getting back to his normal self n i knew poppy would look after him

:luck: for a nice quick recovery :wub:

shays back home with sean now,he's back at the vets on friday for another check up,time is a good healer :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

i just thought i would let u all know that at racing today the no limit dog shay broke his tail. after a consultation at the vet they have decided to remove it to the break. he is now going into the theatre for a 4 hour long operation. i hope everything goes well shay n sean !! :luck: :luck:
Not meaning to be smart or anything here.But where does youre vet get a 4 hour opp out off,for removing a dogs tail,or part of it.It's normaly a half hour,to an hour ,with the top Greyhound vets over here.Where was the break exactly,as broken tails can heal.Might end up with a small lump,which might not even be noticable,but it wouldn't do a bit of harm.A piece of the right kind of piping can work wonders,on a broken tail.The piping they now use for plumbing is a miracle worker,for a broken tail,or in some circumstances,a broken toe,as in my Trouble bitches broken toe.It healed up great.My old Megan bitch broke her tail right in the middle,and after 6 weeks,the brek was 100% healed,and never looked back.Just be carefull,with some of the vets around,as they are feeling the credit crunch too,and may take advantage of certain situations.Im not saying that youre vet has done.But some certainly dont look a gift horse in the mouth.I had a dog opperated on once.It cost me almost £300.But if the dog had been insured,then it would have been just over a £1.000.Hope he comes out of this ok,and becomes a champ for you.He might be in a different weight group now too.lol

Back