The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Scrumpys Been Spayed

J.T.

Registered
Reaction score
Scrumpy was spayed today and came home feeling very sorry for herself. :( She is now sprawled out on a big comfy duvet in front of the fire watching football on the telly. She was ready for her tea, served up in her bed!!! She looks a bit pathetic but is milking it for all it's worth. When she knows I'm looking at her she gives a big sigh and a little whimper and then I give her a big cuddle or a piece of chicken. Hopefully she'll be back to normal tomorrow and then all I've got to do is keep her quiet for 10DAYS (w00t) till the stitches come out.

poor scrumpy a couple of days of cuddles and chicken an shewill be back to normal. :huggles:

Awww poor little Scrumpy hope your feeling better soon. :huggles:

Get well soon Scrumpy :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Julie

As the song says "What a difference a day makes" -isn't it amazing how quickly animals recover from surgery? If that was me having had a hysterectomy I'd be laid up for weeks, but little Scrumpy was up at 7.30 this morning, doing wall of death around the bedroom, scaring me stupid in case she burst her stitches. Took our other lurcher Hebe out this morning & Scrumpy wanted to go too, Rafferty Bedlington wasn't bothered cos the fire was on & Neil (O.H.) was home & where Neil goes Raffy goes.

Took Scrumpy for a very short on lead walk this afternoon to the local shop & back but she's hyper. We've got another 9 days of this till the stitches come out.

Well, make that stitch as she's already nibbled at them.

:wub: Scrumpy's lovely, is she BedlingtonxWhippet? She's the image of a Bed-Whippy in our village.

Glad she's on the mend :)

how is she today? bet shes driving you all mad :D :huggles: to scrumpy

I hope Scrumpy's feeling better & hasn't nibbled any more stitches.

She looks like a sandy coloured version of my Lupin who will be spayed in January.

If she's still nibbling try putting a childs T shirt on her as that will keep it clean and hopefully her mind off the stitches.

Thanks for all your good wishes,Scrumpy is 99% back to normal now. She seems to feel a bit of discomfort :( when she has a poo, it must pull on her abdomen muscles I think. Apart from that she's fizzing with energy, last time she was off lead was Monday.

We havn't got a clue what breeding she is as she was just found on the street at about 10weks :( . She is just 6months and 18" at the shoulder(most of that is her legs) so how big do you think she'll end up? I don't think she's got any Beddy in her as she's already too smart. If my beddy is a typical one then they are not the brightest dogs around or maybe it's just us that has a special needs Bedlington. :wub:

How cute Scrumpy looks! :wub: Glad to hear Srumpy is almost back to normal. :luck:

She reminds me of Topaz's mum, Bed/Whippet, although the mum is cream colour. She is very hyper and friendly, and loves jumping up. Topaz inherted all these traits! :p

Hi, he looks lovely :wub: i wouldnt rule out him having bedlington in him as i have a bedlington/whippet and he is a very smart dog, yes he can be very single-minded! but he is diffenetly not stupid, i used to do a bit of obedience and agility with him and he was very good at! :thumbsup: so it could be possible there could be bedlington in him especially as he isnt that tall, he is lovely though :wub:

Rose

Back