The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Scratching

Lildevilrose

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Ive put this on the wrong forum i think so i will put it here to my dog is aroud 6 months and she scratches all the time shes not got fleas she a jack russelcross.she also seems to wee alot for a little.dog.

Ive looked after lots of dogsbut this is my first and irezlised theres lotsxi dont know.

Rosexxx

Last edited by a moderator:
There could be so many reasons why your little dog is itchy and scratching a lot.

What type of food are you using?

I would suggest that before you start visiting the vet and using loads of different medications, (all costing loads of money) that you try changing her diet.

Do consider giving her a raw diet, this is by far a more natural and much healthier diet than todays modern "convenient" dry kibbles.

The wheat and grains in so very many of these modern day convenient kibbles is causing huge problems with allergies/ itching and many other health issues.

Stop all treats that are made with wheat.

You can purchase frozen ready meals from most pet shops and "Natures Menu" make some fantastic "complete" small chunks in 2kg bags, so they do not take up too much room in the freezer or just try the frozrn freeflow meats.

Try the change over for a few weeks before spending a lot of money at the vets, (it could work out a lot cheaper than a lifetime on medications), this may or may not help with the weeing.

Change over to raw can be done very quickly (a couple of days) without any upset tummy problems

Try Googling," Mark Elliott" Natural Raw Feeding for dogs", another good site is the "Raw food vets" You will find a lot of good information on these sites.

Do not let me stop you from taking your little dog to your vets though if you think she is genuinely unwell.

I realise that raw feeding is not the answer to everything but it can help tremendously with keeping your dog fit and healthy!

Hi yes i thought food im using wet food previous owner used it doesnt seem a sensible food for a little dog need to change dont like the idea of just dry kibble food prefer a mix .dont think she needs the vet as i cant see anything the vet could do no other symtoms like bald patches or anything .she hasnt been spayed yet.thanks for you reply xx

Back