The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Scottish Derby.

well i think you all did a lot of hard work and i know how hard it is at big events to keep every one happy

theres never been much for kids to do at scotland maybe like steve said if we get our heads together and try to come up with a few things for the kids it would be wecomed

what about getting a fancy dress or some thing like that going for one day and mayby a kids barbque and music another

well im not offering to be bouncer or any thing but i got a nice cane at home ...lol..only joking

maybe a game of voliball of tennis carnt see it taking alot of work

there some of my ideas

This is to all the whippeteers who never attended what must be the most beautifull venue whippet racing has ever had or is likely to get i refer to the open at east ayrshire  flat soft track no toe stubbing or bumps to worry about no parking problems a swimming pool for the kids if required  heated outdoor one at that free food for all free drinks for all brilliant weather absolutely the best company possible the only let down was the shortage of enteries but what was missing in quantity was made up for in quality without doubt you definetly need to put it on your calender for next year  all i need to add is well done and a big thanks to all those who worked so hard to make it happen your the tops thanks from all who did attend. Ps this was and ideal track for those with children there was a host of things for them in the way of entertainments pity you missed it

My family also enjoyed the open at East Ayrshire the play park was brill fun for them. We enjoyed the free food and drinks to.It was the same last year just magic. We also had a good days racing with our 2 dogs.Thanks to Caroline and Val for doing the lunch it must have taken yous ages,also to Alex,Jim and Danny for doing the jobs noone wants the traps and line judging.A big well done to the winners Biddy and Shooting Star

Keeping kids happy whilst we race has always been a problem. This year at Devon and at Fordingbridge the women of the Fordingbridge club organised games, dog shows and races for the children and with a little bit of sponsorship supplied all the medals and prizes for the children. I am sure that they could supply you with all the information required and to tell you of any pitfalls they encountered, if any at all.As usual it would be down to a few people being able to look after the children and conduct the races etc, but the kids faces spoke volumes on how much they enjoyed the events.

I have had a word with Arthur Cooke and he has told me that he will help with any suggestions with regards to kids entertainment for the next derby but he did point out that only being a small region it took all their time and energy organising the racing if there are any others that would like to form some sort of commitee with regards to this event i will be the first to put my name forward and will be available to be a worker with this part of the derby any suggestions please dont be shy reply to this or tell me about your views on the track sometime and we will work out a format of events for the kids to add that little extra to this event if we start now we should be well sorted by next years derby so dont grumble get your name put forward and give a little of your time and energy we all wont to see this sport improve lets start with trying to attract more youngsters with a little some thing new for them to get involved in .

hi, I suggest we have a bouncy castle for the little uns and some racing for the bigger uns,  with medals for the winners, I am sure we could hold some raffles at other events to pay for the costs involved .

Back