The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Scotland Ayr Gripper bend

kipper fluke

Registered
Reaction score
Having attended this open last year and seen this super track i think we that can attend do so the Scotland team deserve as much support as  they get at the Derby they work very hard with only a few dogs to cater for the whole whippet racing fraternity and always give a fair and honest days racing so those who have not experienced there hospitality must try it good track good company good racing good beer at good prices what more could one ask for also good food  are any of you going?Arthur Cooke is the perfect host and said he is buying the first round.

hi steve would have loved to go but ive nothing to

run,naz said tell kipper to go get em,,and hel see him at highgate hopefully,good luck

Neil

Nothing to run is no excuse not to go!!!!   The Scottish hospitality is fantastic and Arthur always good fun.

Good luck to all racers who go, the Scottish club are great people and all comers are welcome.

do you think i'd travel four hours there and four back just to

watch,when i could be at home sorting my dogs out and trialing the pups,they wont learn themselves.but who ever goes i wish them all the best.

I must be mad but I once went to Old Hall just to watch the racing as I had no dogs to run. Nine and a half hours round trip I had a good time though.

sorry but i think too much of my dogs to leave them eight or nine hours,just to go and watch someone elses run, ???

my wife does all the driving this means leaving them on their

own,which isn't fair to the dogs,   ;)

Fair comment,I went to watch the racing and the banter.  And just for the record I took my dogs with me but did not race them as at that time they were not ready for open racing.

Back