The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Sc Racing, And Kick Boards

this pole is for sc racers, to vote if they think it would be more fair and even, to run from flat r

• race off kickboards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • race off rubber mats.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
jasper. said:
jeffb said:
maurice i got told the dog was running against the greyhounds at highgate i bet they don,t allow the use of kickboards but thats a different sport isin,t it. the next thing is stop using front boards [if a thing isn,t broken leave it alone] you use a kickboard on tiger ellie and use to use a one on uptown bear so what,s the difference

yes jeffb, he has had a handful of runs at highgate , about 6 in 5 months, just to keep him going, but not enough to keep him fit mate..and regarding the kickboards, well it was just a sugestion, but i dont mind using them, its just that they are a bit of a pain , carrying them about and setting them up..thats all..

Do you want to borrow mine Maurice, that will be alot easier than trying to get them banned :thumbsup: :lol:

dont be daft geoff, your board is to big mate..anyway mine will be lighter. :thumbsup: :D

jasper. said:
dont be daft geoff, your board is to big mate..anyway mine will be lighter. :thumbsup:   :D
:lol: :thumbsup: come back on here next week and bring up weight capping :- " should draw alot of intrest that one Maurice :lol:

Karen-Coral said:
I made my kickboard with its own floor to cover the whole part the dog uses --the reason is i dont like traps that are full of snot/slaver and other germs that some dogs cough up whilst in the traps and i dont allow others to use my kickboard for the same reason---lots have asked if they can use mine but the answer is usually NO!Sorry ---i think there are enough ways to pick up unwanted germs without this --there must be loads on the old bits of carpet ect ---bet there arn't many that disinfect there kickboards on a regular basis---as i do---
thats all i am saying on this taboo subject-------------SCAREY!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

fancy Maurice wanting NEW RULES!!!!!!!!!that must be a first!!!!short memory

Steve :thumbsup:

FEW YEARSAGO I TOOK THE MEASUREMEMTS OF FLUKES KICK BOARD :b AS SHE ALWAYS PINGED THE LIDS,SKYE STILL DIDNT WIN.

SO ITS THE DOG NOT THE BOARD. DO THINK A BOARD GIVES 2 TO 3 LENGTHS OUT OF THE BOXES :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
DavidH said:
Karen-Coral said:
I made my kickboard with its own floor to cover the whole part the dog uses --the reason is i dont like traps that are full of snot/slaver and other germs that some dogs cough up whilst in the traps and i dont allow others to use my kickboard for the same reason---lots have asked if they can use mine but the answer is usually NO!Sorry ---i think there are enough ways to pick up unwanted germs without this --there must be loads on the old bits of carpet ect ---bet there arn't many that disinfect there kickboards on a regular basis---as i do---
thats all i am saying on this taboo subject-------------SCAREY!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

FEW YEARSAGO I TOOK THE MEASUREMEMTS OF FLUKES KICK BOARD :b AS SHE ALWAYS PINGED THE LIDS,SKYE STILL DIDNT WIN.

SO ITS THE DOG NOT THE BOARD.

I hope you got Steve's permission David :- "

milly said:
DavidH said:
Karen-Coral said:

SO ITS THE DOG NOT THE BOARD.

I hope you got Steve's permission David :- "

:oops: :oops: ,NO, SORRY, WHAT A ADMISSION

FOR F------------------------------------------------- SAKE WHY ALL THE FUSS JUST GET ON WITH THE RACING AND ENJOY IT.

yea well said graham,...lets get it on :thumbsup:

jasper. said:

What no new rules Maurice????

You cant even run using the old ones ---LOL!!

Its getting the right ones in place thats the secret!!

Steve

jasper. said:
Two offers in the same week Graham (w00t) who's a lucky boy then :p

Can almost hear the song ...

BOARD OR NO BOARD THE BIGGUNS IS GOING TO BE SOME CLASS THIS BEND SEASON :thumbsup:

I agree, bet there'll be some brilliant bend racing this season. :thumbsup:

Hey Maurice, you can't beat a big'un! ;)

Anyhow it's ridicuolus you don't run the straights anymore, I've got a photo of Tiger Ellie that's been in my van 8 months now!

wild whippies said:
I agree, bet there'll be some brilliant bend racing this season. :thumbsup:
Hey Maurice, you can't beat a big'un!  ;)

Anyhow it's ridicuolus you don't run the straights anymore, I've got a photo of Tiger Ellie that's been in my van 8 months now!

Shame on you Maur, just think of the extra petrol Jacs is using up by carting that photo around :eek: , fuel prices have been going up too, then there's the storage. I hope you're adding all this up on the price of the print Jac :- " . Plus interest :cheers: .

:D

well i was going to give ellie a try in the vets at a couple of strait meetings after her good run at the bwra champs in march, but she had a long heavy season so i decided to leave her off doing anything extreme...and win or lose i think bend racing is better.. :))

I think as they said with the athletics with the new swim suits, if the equipment i.e kickboards is available to all competitors then it is allowed. If you think another dog has a advantage due to the kickboard shape then there is nothing stopping people making one for themelves. just my opinion

Ant

Back