The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Saluki Head Whippets?

Thanks to all the people who have replied - some truly stunning dogs in the pictures, too! Pat, how did you get them all to line up so beautifully?? Your black dog, 3rd from right is very like my other 'saluki lurcher' (!) who is litter mate to the blue and white dog, Grover.

IMG_4189ros.jpg

Flash is a gorgeous little fella, for me the saluki comes through in his eyes and ears and I would fall for him in an instant! The saluki bitch tugs at the old heart strings as her ears make me think of my beloved old Afghan, Zak, my inspiration for wanting hounds again! She's a beautiful girl.

should've told that 'knowledgible man' all breeds (inc humans) have an occipital protuberance at the back of their head, some more prominent than others !!!!! I just smile sweetly when I meet one of those experts :p

should've told that 'knowledgible man' all breeds (inc humans) have an occipital protuberance at the back of their head, some more prominent than others !!!!! I just smile sweetly when I meet one of those experts :p

:lol: well, whippet or saluki lurcher... he is absolutely beautiful :wub: personally, I think he looks more whippet teehee.

Em xxx

I get baby greyhound all the time, and italian greyhound too, yet all puzzled faces when i try to explain what a whippet is.

Hey guess wot, I have just been stroking my wife's head ;) , as you do on these warm days 8) , do you know wot I found, yep that's right, a knobbly lump, I now call her Saluki :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey guess wot, I have just been stroking my wife's head ;) , as you do on these warm days 8) , do you know wot I found, yep that's right, a knobbly lump, I now call her Saluki :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Was gonna call my husband Saluki too, but realised he was facing the wrong way and it was just his nose :clown: Phew! Lucky escape, would be difficult with 3 salukis in the house..... :clown:

What a beautiful blue Whippet :wub:

You get all sort of experts; once when I was walking my adult Borzoi, a lady rushed to me from across the road and proclaimed with a great authority: " Do you know what you've got there? That is one of those 'shit-zoos'!!!!" :lol:

Back