The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Running in opens/championships

silver bullet

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all.

Just wondering what the procedure is to get my pedigree running in pedigree races. He's been running in non ped handicap races and seems to be quite quick so I was hoping to start running him in some pedigree opens. Any advice on the procedures and rules would be a great help.

Hi Silver Bullet

To enter any of the Opens or Championship events your dog will need a passport from either or both, of the two Championship bodies.

Your passport will then need to be signed off by a racing club official, indicating that your dog is cleared to race in one of these events.

To reply more succinctly - you need to get her/him to a pedigree racing club, speak to the racing manager there, and they will advise you further.

Good luck :)

Cheers Ian for that.He has been cleared at my own non ped racing club does that count or has it got to be a ped club? Also when does the season start and which is closest to Newcastle? Cheers.

Hi again

Unfortunately there are no peddy clubs in the North East - closest to you would be the Yorkshire club or one of the Scottish, none particularly close.

Most pedigree clubs that run an Open will require a passport, signed off by the racing manager of a pedigree racing club, so clearly, you need to source that club first.

There is a section on this board showing club details and contacts, but as I say, the closest may not be all that close! Have you considered a house move? :D

Haha. It might be cheaper in the long run! Something that just started as a bit of fun just got serious when he decided that he was going to run 150 yds in 9.4secs! Seems a shame to not run him in some competitions.

Back