Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Run as weighed

Should opens be run as weighed ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If your dog is 36lb then it should run at that weight regardless of wether the race is a solo or not, do they not get another run in the supreme run off ???wonderwall is a brilliant dog, and i think his offspring will do him proud....and dink too ??? :D :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Deb, no one is slagging Naz or any other dog for that matter - but some racers are just better losers than other!!!

Neil is a good sportsman anyway & on the times he has been beaten he doesn't use every excuse in the book as to why he didn't win, sadly not all racers are the same & some will try anything they can to get away from good competition! Again i am not aiming what i just said at anyone on this board but the sport does have a lot of sore losers!!

hey this thread is going to become the longest lol...

we needed to add something that got you all posting again :D

I havnt voted on this poll ??? ??? ??? :D

My opinion, After speading a fortune on petrol etc. Travelling hours to get to an open :( I would put my bitch up into the next weight group to see her have a good race rather than a solo. Which to her is no different to a run in the park :(

I think this should only be permitted if there is nothing else in your dogs weight group. Otherwise whats the point in having weight groups in the first place.

Every dog has its day :D

Hi Karen, Im very lucky, she may not be the fastest of whippets but enjoys to run. :D The big park where we had all our club meetings and opens is huge. As our bitch was trained there she still loves to go over there to run.

Its very close to us as well. She still runs where the track used to be. And would run all day if we let her

LOL She sounds like Kerri except Kerri pretends she is on a bend track and runs round (and round ...... and round ...... and round ....... and round ...) :p

Though of late it has been "what !!! u expect me to what !!! run !!! "

it seems to me (and I could be wrong), that a weight class is there for what it says, i.e.up to 20 lbs up to 24 lbs etc.I don't believe it is a weight limit.If you weigh 23 lbs , you run in that class. some people do pick and choose what class they go in, whereas some people don't get the option. therefore if some can't, nobody should. Enter into the true spirit of our wonderful sport and run as weighed.

;) I THINK U SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO GO UP A CLASS LIKE DENISE SAID IF U HAVE A REALY BAD RIGHT HAND RUNNER WEIGHING 24 OR 28 OR 32 LB IT WOULD MAKE SENSE TO GO UP A CLASS TO STOP ANY JOSSELING FOR POSITIONS, AND CAUSING RERUNS. :D ??? ???

How bad is really bad John?

If it aint no tail and only 3 legs, one eye and suffers from constipation i say let the dog choose its class :D

Karen

i recon if u travel hundreds of miles and no that u cant beat a certain dog but the owner thinks they have a better chance in the weight group above then let them choose, its up to them u cud enter a 16lber into the no limit if u wanted so y shudnt u choose in ordinary racin? let the owner choose

well said jade, how many can say that their dog s are the same weight week in week out ??? ie bitches coming back from season i,f shes put on a pound or so does it mean the owners trying to go up a class, mmmmm ??? i think if your puting on weight to go up a class and your dog can carry it why not. as long as the dogs are in good health you should do as you like its better than stripping weight of to go down a class, although ive seen it done often enough , in my own opinion a dog usualy tells you its best weight by its performance .i have a bitch in now coming on nice at 38 pound , 14 months old .i will race her soon ,and will go in 40 pound scratch or no limit if she has more chance :0 ;)

run as weighed ??? if you put on 1 or 2 pounds to go up a class, what happens an hour or so before we race, we get weighed on the scales, wich means whatever the scales say that is what u run at, so if you put a pound on to go up your still racing as weighed ...

time handicap varied weights fastest dog scratch the fastast could be 24 26 pound slowest 28 30 plus getting start ican remember not to long ago a bitch namely ecxstacy 30 pound going of times there wasnt a dog in the country could beat it on bends, including scratch racers , heavier dogs are not allways the fastest .ten year ago track record went 3 times peter winter will remember the day. first jacks back no limit then mateirial girl 40 pound then indian joe 30 pound jacks back was fastest then indian joe and thirdly the 40 pounder, who belonged to me letts race as we see fit for our dogs

I've brought this topic back up for Carole to have a look at :D

Funnily enough this topic started the same time last year after the derby!

:p thanks for that. :cheers: Well il just have to take 10lb of mickey whizz's back so he can run in the 40lb and the no limit then lol :lol:Would love to take 3lb off my young ones back Whisper whizz as he too is a no limit weighing 43lb would love him to be 40lb but he would look ridiculous at this weight. believe me I would rather not run him against 50lbrs. CAROLE

Here is another angle. a 34lb dog runs in NWRF opens with dogs of its weight group. Go to a BWRA open and it has to run in 36 scratch Not many dogs can beat a bitch of levels, so really what is the point? :blink:

previous to show three the 36lb scratch at the bwra was won by sugar fire won it twice.and went on to be supreme. previous to this jarvis cocker won it 3 times i believe but definatly won it twice so dogs can win the bitches. 40lb scratch previous 4 times in a year was won by the great son of a bitch again a dog. the only bitch to win the no limit in the last 5 or 6 years has been charming.DOGS IN FERIA I DONT THINK SO. :p

RICKY

Sorry Ricky I confess I've got a 35lb dog not a scratch dog

Back