The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Rspca

zottie

Registered
Reaction score
My mother in law went is currently on holiday, and she left her dog with her ex bf, however he left the dog and called the rspca to come and collect her.

I went to pick up the dog not knowing anything about this and found an rspca card stuck to the living room door, so i called the number on the card and was told someone would get back to me, this was 4 days ago and i have been calling everyday since only to get the same reply. I am worried about the dog as she does not like unfamilar places, and i have explained what has happened to them and i feel the dog would be better in my care until my mother in law returns, but still no one has got back to me.

Does anyone have any advice as to what i could do?

To be honest when it comes to the RSPCA they'll just do as they please ..... They are IMO a waste of space ..... If I was you go to the center you think the dogs at and wait there until they listen ... :luck:

The problem is i live in manchester there are several places the dog could be and i have no transport except buses. Also looking on the rspca website all the places she could be are quite a way away form where i live!

keep phoning them !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh thats a shame ....Like Hely said you'll have to just keep phoning them then .....Tell them that the person who released the dog into their care, was not actually the rightful owner, and that you can look after the dog until your mother in law returns ....... and tell them you will be seeking advice from a solicitor if needed :thumbsup: :luck:

keep phoning and phoning,

can you not get your mother in law to phone them?

or phone and pretened to be your mother in law and demand to speak to someone about your dog :- "

reallly hope you can get it sorted :luck: :luck:

I'd keep phoning too and insist that it gets sorted same day - what if they decide to pts after 7 days?

Keep phoning.....grrrrr :rant: and im talking to a recording! Not very happy!

I might try the solicitor idea, they might actually listen then.

Long shot but sounds like desperate circumstances. Could you contact the police and ask them where you stand? For one they might be able to speak to someone within the RSPCA directly and secondly you could file a report. Ok it might be a civil case but they might be able to sort the matter out quickly in the light of all the potential paperwork that could come their way. :- "

Keep me posted on how you get on as I might be able to help you out further.

I would try ringing all of the rspca rehoming centres in your area, at least that way you'll get to speak to a person.....then demand that they trace where your mother in law's dog is.....i would also threaten a solicitor if they hold out on you.

there's not just pts to worry about - if the ex boyfriend has said that the dog is his, then he could've signed him/or her over - in which case i don't think that they have to wait the 7 days to rehome.

what a nightmare for you :( i hope it works out alright

Im sure you'll all be happy to know the dog is now on its way to my house, after threatening them with solictiors they put me straight through to inspector andrews who should of called me 4 days ago, and they are placing the dog in my care.

Thanks for your advice! Really came in useful :cheers:

zottie said:
Im sure you'll all be happy to know the dog is now on its way to my house, after threatening them with solictiors they put me straight through to inspector andrews who should of called me 4 days ago, and they are placing the dog in my care.Thanks for your advice! Really came in useful  :cheers:

Thats great :cheers:

i would not leave it at that, they took a dog away and refused to get back to you ,i would take it further, who decided they were god, makes me sick its not as if you didnt bother, how many times do they get away with this your's is not the first and certainly won't be the last

Just caught up with this.

Wonderful news :thumbsup: The RSPCA are very stubborn :angry: It makes me so cross,when they want you donations,but when it comes to get help or communication,they just snob you off.Good for you threathing with the solicitors :D

Very glad to hear s/he's back with the family where she belongs - your poor mother in law won't get her breath when she hears whats gone on while she was away!

Good on ya zottie

Thanks for all your lovely comments, i have to add though they rung me back again today asking why i called them, from what i can gather they had no idea that the dog was now in my care. They really dont know what their doing!

I mean i've nothing against people that want to care for animals and take them out of abusive homes but the rspca are really shit to put it plainly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back