The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Rip Old Dog Devon

Ohh Alison---I'm stunned to see this news

My heart goes out to you & your family

Yvonne

alison no words will ease the pain you are feeling right now :( but devon was a truly special boy to you all and will be sorely missed run free devon r.i.p x :huggles: :huggles:

Thanks everyone for your lovely messages - even if they have made me cry, again! Not that it's taking much to make me do that at the moment . . . :unsure:

Poor Monty, he whined when we were taking Devon yesterday cos he was jealous that we were leaving him at home. He stood looking for Devon out of the front window for a few minutes after we got back, and he kept looking at me and back out the window - I think he thought we'd left Devon in the car! :blink: Devon taught him how to chase birds and squirrels and where to look for cats ;)

I think the girls will miss his warmth as they loved to use him as a hot water bottle :b

Dermot is just a typical puppy and is just interested in whatever he can steal and how high he can jump and climb. :-

We are so sad that Devon has gone but are happy that we made the decision, I think we gave him the best chance we could without compromising his life quality too much, and I don't think we can really ask more than that.

We always called him the best dog in the house, he was so sweet and easy to live with - a bit daft and a bit dippy, but totally adorable and lovable :huggles:

I took this picture 3 weeks ago today - my 3 whippet boys together :wub: It's one I will treasure forever.

7.JPG

So sorry Alison to hear about Devon :( xxxxxxxxxx to all your family

So sorry to read such sad news..

Run Free Dear Devon.

Bigs hugs for you Alison :huggles:

Run free Devon, a very special whippet :wub:

Sorry to hear your sad new Alison. :(

RIP Devon a very special boy.

Janetta

:(

I've only just read the sad news Alison. I'm sending you a big hug and a huge hankie. No one could have done more for that dear old dog, and in the end you did the right and kindest thing. RIP dear Devon. Patsy x

So sorry to be reading this. :( It gave me a bit of a turn. Same age as Fred and they sound so alike.

As you say, you know in your own heart that you've done what's best for Devon. I'm sure you'll draw comfort fom that and remember all the good times with him.

Run free Devon.. :luck:

so sorry alison, it hurts so much but the courage is in making the best decision for your boy.

Kathy

So very sorry to hear this Alison. He did fight a good fight but I guess he just got too tired to keep going.

R.I.P Devon you have left a huge empty space in the life of everyone who was lucky enough to know you. :(

Alison, I am just back from vacation and was so sad to read your news after the more hopeful prognosis of a few weeks ago.

You did absolutely the right thing--it's no life for a dog without dignity and comfort. You gave him a wonderful home and he was a loving companion--this time comes eventually for all of us who are lucky enough to see our dogs live into their senior years.

:( RIP good boy Devon.

Karen Lee

Alison so very sorry to read the sad news about Devon...my very first whippet sadly left us just before Christmas

many years ago now... :( there is never a good time to say Goodbye to them.

Thinking of you all....Run free Devon...

Alison I missed this as I've not had a real chance to come on here. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Wendy

I too am so with you Alison, I had to say goodbye to 3 of mine this year and it's nearly killed me. So I can really understand the raw feeling and your hurt.

Dor xx

Thanks everyone for your lovely messages, it makes me cry to read them :b

I'm still half expecting to see his perky little ears and black button eyes to pop up from under the quilt :(

Back