The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Rescue Lurcher Wanted-preferably Rough

Finleyfoofoo

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to help a friend of mine whos 12 year old Rough Lurcher died a month ago,shortly before that there elderly terrier died.

They are newly retired,but are very active.A wonderful pet home is assured,but i am sure if it was a working dog,they would,nt mind either,as they did

use to work there last dogs.The dog will live inside,but they are willing to put all the work in with the right dog.

Age not too important,however they do not want a puppy.

Please,if anyone hears of one looking for a home,please pm me with details,and i will

do my best to help.They live near me so i will also get to see the dog.

Amandaxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Why dont you speak to Jane, she had a lovely little lurcher to re-home called molly :D

I'll keep my ears open for the right dog, Amanda, and will PM you if I hear of one :thumbsup:

Hels is right, we did have a lovely little lurcher for rehoming but she has now got her forever home and is leaving us on Wednesday for pastures new :luck:

Thanks for thinking of Poppy, Helen :huggles: and good luck finding the right one for your friends, Amanda :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
go to LURCHER LINK WEB SITE they are bursting with lurchers that need re homing ,all dogs are assest and if things dont work out they will always take it back,they also give any help and advice .they have dogs of all ages shapes and sizes.they also have a brilliant web site and nearly 6000 members ,they are a none profit making organisation all done by volenteers cant go wrong if you want a rescue dog :thumbsup:

I'll keep my ears open for the right dog, Amanda, and will PM you if I hear of one :thumbsup:
Hels is right, we did have a lovely little lurcher for rehoming but she has now got her forever home and is leaving us on Wednesday for pastures new :luck:

Thanks for thinking of Poppy, Helen :huggles: and good luck finding the right one for your friends, Amanda :luck:
Thanks Jane,

Thats would be great if you can keep your ears open.Like the sound of Poppy,she may not have made it to them,i would have had her first!!

Amandaxxx

lol Poppy not Molly :b - i was close!! Im so glad that she has found a forever home, she was loooooovvvvvvvvely and i wanted to take her home. :wub: :wub:

You could have a look at Evesham lurcher rescue web site, lots of lovely dogs of all ages looking for a forever sofa. They are all in foster homes all round the country so you know what issues they do or don't have.

:luck: in your search.

AMANDA PLEASE GIVE ME A RING MIGHT HAVE JUST THE DOG 07901562934 :D
Hi Steve,

Just spoke to them,they def want a rough.At least i know who you are now. :thumbsup:

I will keep my ears open for your bitch

Amandaxx

I

hi Amanda

know someone looking for a pet home for her lurcher but not sure if its a rough coated have p.m her and let her no about your topic :thumbsup:

hi Amanda
know someone looking for a pet home for her lurcher but not sure if its a rough coated have p.m her and let her no about your topic :thumbsup:
Thanks Yvonne,that would be great. :thumbsup:

Amandaxx

Nobody is having Betty Podenco 'cos I saw her first lol!! :wub: :wub:

Well,a big thankyou to Amanda ,Tina and Tony,Amanda,s brother,for helping find my friends,Dorothy and Norman,a beautiful Lurcher called Flash.

They are over the moon with him,he remind,s them of there beloved Ben,who died at the end of May.

I am giving him a couple of weeks to settle in,then i will pop round and take some piccies.A happy ending for all

concerned.

Amandaxxx

Well,a big thankyou to Amanda ,Tina and Tony,Amanda,s brother,for helping find my friends,Dorothy and Norman,a beautiful Lurcher called Flash.They are over the moon with him,he remind,s them of there beloved Ben,who died at the end of May.

I am giving him a couple of weeks to settle in,then i will pop round and take some piccies.A happy ending for all

concerned.

Amandaxxx

So glad its a happy ending for all and I hope he settles in soon, cant wait for his piccies

Amanda

Well,a big thankyou to Amanda ,Tina and Tony,Amanda,s brother,for helping find my friends,Dorothy and Norman,a beautiful Lurcher called Flash.They are over the moon with him,he remind,s them of there beloved Ben,who died at the end of May.

concerned.

Amandaxxx

So glad its a happy ending for all and I hope he settles in soon, cant wait for his piccies

Amanda
Thanks again Amanda,Dorothy was so emotional,she could hardly speak :wub: she is smitten.

I cant wait to go and see him,but want to let him settle in.They are very grateful to Tony,and the warm welcome he gave them

when they fetched Flash.

Amandaxx

Back