The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Racing Titles

Gunscrossed

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a newbie here, I don't own a Whippet (yet!), but am very interested in the breed.

I've noticed some dogs have WCRCH before their names which I've worked out must be Whippet Club Racing Champion? but I've also seen the letters VC? Can anyone tell me what this means?

I live on the North Essex coast, I guess my nearest clubs are Thurrok or Newmarket?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Pete

Veteran champ is your answer, the over 6yr olds.

And welcome

Yes Hannah is correct Veteran Crown - although you do hear many people refer to it as Veteran Champ. You might hear about people talking about half coats too - this is a dog that has won a Championship, and needs to win one more to become a Champion, e.g they need to win 2 Championship finals to become a WCRCh. Welcome to K9! :cheers:

June Jonigk said:
Yes Hannah is correct Veteran Crown - although you do hear many people refer to it as Veteran Champ.  You might hear about people talking about half coats too - this is a dog that has won a Championship, and needs to win one more to become a Champion, e.g they need to win 2 Championship finals to become a WCRCh.  Welcome to K9! :cheers:
You only need to win one Veteran Championship final to earn a VC however... confusng isn't it.

Nigel said:
June Jonigk said:
Yes Hannah is correct Veteran Crown - although you do hear many people refer to it as Veteran Champ.  You might hear about people talking about half coats too - this is a dog that has won a Championship, and needs to win one more to become a Champion, e.g they need to win 2 Championship finals to become a WCRCh.  Welcome to K9! :cheers:
You only need to win one Veteran Championship final to earn a VC however... confusng isn't it.

Very :wacko: but then again so are the titles in showing :lol:

Back