The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Quotes

Deb

Registered
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how you bring up someone elses 'quote' when replying in a thread? :- " Thanks

On the other person's post in the box at the bottom is a quote button, click on that then you go to add reply

Last edited by a moderator:
Vicky said:
On the other person's post in the box at the bottom is a quote button, click on that then you go to add reply
Don't have to do that now. Just click on reply and the quote is there. It works for me. That's how I did this one. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought that's how i'd explained it, you still had to click on quote didn't you?

Vicky said:
Thought that's how i'd explained it, you still had to click on quote didn't you?
Nope I just click on reply and the quote is included. I thought that I could toggle the quote on or off as mine changes colour if I click on it red to blue. The blue is + and the red - but even when set on red the quote still appears.

So to include the quote I just click on reply and the quote appears.

Ahhh right your going on the persons post & doing "Reply", not the Add Reply at the bottom, thats where the +/- quote is used. Right i get ya now 8)

"mouse over"????? :b

I can't seem to get the hang of this at all!!! I had only just mastered how it was before and then never learnt how to do lots of quotes in a reply!!!

I don't seem to get the quote in a box now!

dessie said:
"mouse over"?????  :b
I can't seem to get the hang of this at all!!!  I had only just mastered how it was before and then never learnt how to do lots of quotes in a reply!!!

I don't seem to get the quote in a box now!

` Mouse` meaning` arrow ` :blink:

If you want to quote a message you press the 'reply' besides the quote button at the end of someone's message.

If you want a new message, you press 'addreply' at the end of the page...

:)

Thanx for that.... it makes sense when you know!!!

Thick or wot??!! :oops: :b

` Mouse` meaning` arrow ` :blink:

Surely, the arrow is called the cursor isn't it?? and the mouse is the thing you use to move the cursor.

dessie said:

If you "rest" the cursor over the button without clicking it will say "quote post". This is how i found it.

ILoveKettleChips said:
Beerhound said:
dessie said:

If you "rest" the cursor over the button without clicking it will say "quote post". This is how i found it.

Wow, this is the place to be! Been wondering what on earth the Quote+/Quote- button was all about! :D

Just playing~ and trying to learn as well :b :blink:

Caz x

*Caz* said:
ILoveKettleChips said:
Beerhound said:
dessie said:

Wow, this is the place to be! Been wondering what on earth the Quote+/Quote- button was all about! :D

Just playing~ and trying to learn as well :b :blink:

Caz x

ME TOO - WOW, IT WORKS! :clown: :lol: :lol:

Hi;

I have been having problems with the QUOTE as well, but what ever I do some times it come in the separate window and sometime it is with my post which makes it bit confusing (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Lida

Seraphina said:
Hi;
I have been having problems with the QUOTE as well, but what ever I do some times it come in the separate window and sometime it is with my post which makes it bit confusing (w00t)   (w00t)   (w00t)

Lida

Nah still dont quite get it :oops:

*Caz* said:
Seraphina said:
Hi;
I have been having problems with the QUOTE as well, but what ever I do some times it come in the separate window and sometime it is with my post which makes it bit confusing (w00t)   (w00t)   (w00t)

Lida

Nah still dont quite get it :oops:

OOOoooh think i have now ~ sorry to be a pain :blink:

Back