Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Question

nicky12

Registered
Reaction score
just a feeding question

what are iggys like to feed

do they keep weight on good ?

or do they find it hard to keep weight on ?

what do you feed your iggys ,thanks in advance :thumbsup:

My boy is on Arden Grange dry food, he is a rehome and that is what he was on already. Seems quite happy with it. Since he is 10 yrs old not sure if I want to change it with the possibility of tummy upsets. his weight is perfect. He doesn't wolf it down but picks mouthfuls throughout the day. Benefit of being an only dog! Incidentally, I was told that a handful of Bran Flakes can help keep their stools firm, any experience of this

nicky12 said:
just a feeding question what are iggys like to feed

do they keep weight on good ?

or do they find it hard to keep weight on ?

what do you feed your iggys ,thanks in advance  :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for that dippy ,would you say ther fussy ,picky eater then ?do you have a pic of your boy would love to see him :D

Dippy said:
My boy is on Arden Grange dry food, he is a rehome and that is what he was on already. Seems quite happy with it. Since he is 10 yrs old not sure if I want to change it with the possibility of tummy upsets. his weight is perfect. He doesn't wolf it down but picks mouthfuls throughout the day. Benefit of being an only dog! Incidentally, I was told that a handful of Bran Flakes can help keep their stools firm, any experience of this

hi dippy /nicky

i feed burns to my iggs but i am going to try with the bran flakes will let yoou know how we get on

jackie

mine are not a bit fussy but i am they have the best of everything fish /scrambled eggs / chicken/beef mince raw /in fact anything i would eat they have (but i dont eat raw mince) thet eat the burns but like dippys dog keep going back to it

"a handful of Bran Flakes can help keep their stools firm"

I would have thought this would have quite the opposite effect

Kurwenal said:

It would do if you were to give more than the individual dog requires. But fibre adds "bulk" and gives the bowel a good work out and keeps it healthy, too much would "over work" the bowel and cause the opposite effect like you said :thumbsup:

Emma xxx

em21 said:
Kurwenal said:

It would do if you were to give more than the individual dog requires. But fibre adds "bulk" and gives the bowel a good work out and keeps it healthy, too much would "over work" the bowel and cause the opposite effect like you said :thumbsup:

Emma xxx

plenty of better sources of fibre than bran flakes - which also normally contain sugar

My girl would eat any veg, adored baby sweetcorn and carrots and apple which gave her plenty of fibre but Trev turns his nose up at it. I guess with Bran Flakes that it would only be a very small amount for an IG little tum.

Kurwenal said:
em21 said:
Kurwenal said:

Emma xxx

plenty of better sources of fibre than bran flakes - which also normally contain sugar

Georgia has the same food as the Whippets!

A small amount of Berties dry as a base with freshly cooked chicken, lamb or beef.

Sardines 2-3 X per week & eggs 2X per week.

I also cook a chicken/rabbit & vegetable stew, with carrots, peas, squash, apple & sprouts. They all have this every day & a small portion of cooked spinach.

They all have firm, healthy stools on this diet & are in excellent condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back