The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Puppy - Walks Out?

sophie

Registered
Reaction score
I've a 14 week old pup and want to know how ok it is to run him/ walk him? At the moment we take him to the park where he runs off the lead a bit - mainly with other dogs, sometimes children - and I'm wondering if this is ok? He loves it but is it ok for his legs? Advice appreciated....

with youngsters, you only need 10-15 minutes daily, which gets them used to leads etc. pups are such little madcaps, they manage more than enough exercise at home :D and too much too soon can harm joints and affect bone developement.

its trying to get them to do less thats my problem. :lol:

lalena said:
with youngsters, you only need 10-15 minutes daily, which gets them used to leads etc. pups are such little madcaps, they manage more than enough exercise at home :D and too much too soon can harm joints and affect bone developement.its trying to get them to do less thats my problem. :lol:

Thanks for this. Wow! Will cut down on the mad runs then... :))

Hi Sophie :)

Have a look at this link to K9 Community's FAQ which you might find quite helpful, there's a lot of interesting advice there and this link will take you specifically to the exercise threads where similar questions to yours have been posted (and answered):

FAQ Forum - Exercise

Good luck :thumbsup: Have a browse round the rest of FAQ while you're there. After all, with a 14 week old pup there are bound to be other questions you need answering! :)

Good luck Sophie :luck: - any pics of your puppy yet??

Back