The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Puppy Re-available

Juley

Grand Mistress
Registered
Reaction score
I have been let down at the last minute by what sounded a perfect home for one of my boys :( . He is 8 weeks old. If any-one knows of a fanatstic home please pm me. Thanks.

Me me me me :- " (sorry Juley I would love to .... but ....as you know.....2 is plenty for now) :lol:

Hope he gets a good home soon - Im sure he will. :thumbsup:

Janimal said:
Me me me me :- "  (sorry Juley I would love to .... but ....as you know.....2 is plenty for now) :lol:

Janis I might regret saying this one day, but three is no more difficult than two, and LOADS of fun :p o:) :- "

buffyrannoch said:
Janimal said:
Me me me me :- "  (sorry Juley I would love to .... but ....as you know.....2 is plenty for now) :lol:

Janis I might regret saying this one day, but three is no more difficult than two, and LOADS of fun :p o:) :- "

I was only ever having ONE, I now have 5 with the pups!

Just as well they did it now , :rant: Dont some folk love to mess you about , Will be in touch if I gat any inquries :thumbsup:

JAX said:
Just as well they did it now ,  :rant:   Dont some folk love to mess you about , Will be in touch if I gat any inquries  :thumbsup:
Thanks Jax, they were experienced Whippeteers too. :( As you say better now than later. He had been booked for weeks. He will just have to stay with me for a bit longer :wub: :huggles: :wub:

i'm sure keeping the little sweetheart a bit longer will be soooo hard, lol! you have to do what you have to do, and any responsible breeder will have no problem in keeping a left over pup. i have to say i cant stand certain time wasters, though. i had some right eejits when my pups were ready.you can understand it if some change in circumstances prevented the people taking the pup, but you get some people who delight in 'puppy browsing'. a chap i'd been in contact with, like yourself, for several weeks was due to pick up my last girl one weekend. by pure chance i discovered, through the stud owners, that this self same man had the same understanding with a friend of theirs! a bit more digging with my breed club and theirs, it transpired that not only was he toying with myself and their friend, but with another THREE breeders :rant: needless to say, he didnt actually turn up at any of our houses at the appointed weekend. apparently he'd decided to buy a bitch on the west coast, we found out afterwards. it just wound me up. because of this chap, at least five pups were left in the lurch, and possibly more.

thankfully, the very day he was supposed to pick maddy up, a lovely couple on the south coast rang up. they got in the car as soon as they'd hung up to view her. out of all my buyers, these two have been the best with regards to updates etc. we recieved a wonderful email from them thanking us for allowing them to have such a special puppy, and how priviledged they feel. it goes to show, there is a perfect home out there for him, with people who deserve him. :luck: :luck: :luck:

:luck: hope he finds a lovely home soon, :)

Juley said:
buffyrannoch said:
Janimal said:

I was only ever having ONE, I now have 5 with the pups!

Aah, yes :blink: but it's true that once you get past 2 Whippets 1 more won't make any difference! Until it gets to the point where they won't all fit in your bed or car etc! (w00t) :teehee: :oops:

Oh god, I wish I was from UK now. I'd love to take him (w00t) ..... I'm not sure if it was mentioned somewhere before, but do is he going to be sold as a pet quality or show quality puppy?

When people book a puppy with me i always tell them that if they change their mind that is fine with me as long as they let me know promptly, because I have other people interested. I can undestand that people would go aroung all the breeders with pups at that time, and then go home and think about it. After all they are choosing their companion for the next 15 years.

Anyway I am sure you will find home for your baby, and in meanwhile have the fun of having him around for a while. :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seraphina said:
When  people book a puppy with me i always tell them that if they change their mind that is fine with me as long as they let me know promptly, because I have other people interested.  I can undestand that people would go aroung all the breeders with pups at that time, and then go home and think about it.  After all they are choosing their companion for the next 15 years.  Anyway I am sure you will find home for your baby, and in meanwhile have the fun of having him around for a while. :luck:

Hey, I see you have a Chihuahua as well (w00t) ..... so Whippets and Chis do go together after all. I have a Chi as well, but was worried how they would be together.

Seraphina said:
When  people book a puppy with me i always tell them that if they change their mind that is fine with me as long as they let me know promptly, because I have other people interested.  I can undestand that people would go aroung all the breeders with pups at that time, and then go home and think about it.  After all they are choosing their companion for the next 15 years.  Anyway I am sure you will find home for your baby, and in meanwhile have the fun of having him around for a while. :luck:

of course they have to be sure theyre choosing the right puppy for themselves, but my chap had actually arranged to PICK UP maddy, dito for the other pups. imagine the amount of time all of us had lost, with viewing, home visiting etc, the joy at thinking we'd found a good home for our babies, and the resulting stress factor at finding out we'd been strung along. each of us would have been ok with being told nothing was definate, and even happy with being cancelled, but none of us was informed that he wouldnt be turning up :( one of the other breeders was all set to travel 150 miles to meet him halfway, so their pup would only have half the journey with a relative stranger, to minimise discomfort.

Back